Chapter 27

Riiing! Riiing! Riing!

"Frannie-poo, the phone!" yelled Feely from downstairs. I groaned and threw my newly-bought sketch pad to the floor.

Coming up with things to draw is quite difficult. I don't know how Gerard does it. I bought the sketch pad thinking I could muster up some sort of inspiration like him, but the only art I seem to come up with shoots out of my butt. I wish I could be able to draw like Gee.

"Why can't you get it?" Icomplained as I made my way downstairs. I ran past the living room on my way to the phone, stopped short, and retraced my steps. Feely was on the sofa, eating popcorn, and watching tv.

"Amazing! I should give you a prize!" I crossed my arms and slumped against the doorframe.

"Oooh, really? Why? Best sister ever?" she said with a mouth full of popcorn.

"How about 'laziest'? Is it really that hard to get up and answer the phone?" I said, rolling my eyes. She scowled and shooed my away with her hands. I turned away before the phone would stop ringing.

"Hello?" I said picking up the phone.

"Hey, she picked up! Take it, Mikey!" I heard on the other line, It sounded like Gerard's voice.

"You talk to her! You called so you talk! Don't be such a chicken!" I heard the familiar voice of Mikey reply. I stayed quiet eager to hear to anything worth listening.

"Why you-Just take the damn phone or she'll hang up!" Gerard growled. I heard something being whacked.

"Why can't you just give me the phone!? Why did you have to throw it?! That hurts, Gee!" screamed Mikey so loud I had to hold the phone away from my ear. "What?" he snarled into the phone.

"Why, I'm doing fine, Mikey. Thanks for asking." I smiled.

"Sorry. I just got hit by an angry love-sick lesbian." he said earning a "Hey! No I'm not!" from Gerard.

I chuckled. "So what's up?"

"Okay, well. If you're not aware, today is Sunday. We just got outta church and we've got nothing to do for the rest of the day. So we've been wondering if you'd like to come and hang out with us. Like now." he said.

"Sure, I'd love to. Are we just gonna be hanging out at your place or..."

"Oh, no. We're going shopping!" he said in a valley girl voice, "Halloween's coming up! We've got to get the best costumes and pranking shit. We need to stock up on our eggs, silly string, bra's-"

"Okay!" I interrupted before he gave me his whole shopping list, "I'll be there in ten. See ya."

"Okay, Fran, see ya." And with that we hung up. I went to my room and got ready. Usually I wouldn't make much thought in coming up with outfits but today I think I'd give it a shot. I wore a slim fitting wine-colored cardigan with a frilly white skirt that fell just above my knees. I strapped on my khaki-colored gladiator shoes and tied the strings into a nice looking bow on my ankle. My hair was left loose and messy like always. And I complemented the outfit with a khaki shoulder bag and a red violet ribbon around my neck.

"Later, Feely-pee!" I saluted my sister as I walked out the door. I didn't bother telling Feely where I was going. We'd come to the agreement that I could go out as much as I wanted as long as I kept my grades up, I didn't get pregnant, and as long as she didn't get a call telling her to pick me up from jail or something. I prefer it this way.

I rode my bike down the streets I've come to know pretty well to the Way's house. Mikey, Gerard, and Ray were waiting for me outside the house. Funny, how they all dressed in black and then I show up and disrupt their color coordination. I left my bike in their garage and walked up to them.