Chapter 4

Gerard's POV

The sun was burning into the back of my neck as I quickly locked my bike into its usual place in the railings, beads of sweat forming on my upper lip. Pushing my hair back from my eyes, I nervously fiddled with the chain in order to be able to check my surroundings without attracting attention. So far so good.

I stared at the somber procession before me. Teenagers, who were either dropped off by car or bus, marched like robots from their dropoff point towards their designated area, their cliques. You went where you belonged, that was the universal(or rather American) known law. The nerds, the populars, the skaters, the drama club, the emos, the dorks, the Disneyfied freaks, the loners(even they have a group), and so on and so forth. But the one group I was particularly interested in at the moment was occupying most of the front steps to the school builidng, being loud and obnoxious at passerbys.  The Jocks. The Sadducees of Our Lady of Grace.

Andy Evans, the school's allstar quarterback and top douchebag, won't see a thing coming. What I'd do for the day in which I'd never see him again. The day in which that stupid face won't be sneering at me. A Komodo dragon would be smart to stay away from a guy, nay a devil, like him. He was sitting a little way off form the group with a book on his lap. Probably studying...though I don't see how, the dude is an idiot, I snickered.

Marking off the steps of my genius plan in my head, I noticed something that made my heart well up with pride. Coming out of a school bus was Mikey...with a girl walking next to him. And a pretty girl at that. Way to go Mikey, you're making her laugh. I'd have to tease him about that later, though. "I have a mission to fulfill," I muttered quietly, glaring at Andy Evans.

Frannie's POV

Only five minutes have passed by as a stranger in a strange land and I already made an embarrassment of myself. Walking next to Mikey, I was overwhelmed by the inmensity of the school before me. It could've been a shopping mall for all I knew. I could tell the architect designed the building with gothic styled techniques. The campus had three long rectangular, high arched buildings in a semicircle surrounding a sort of quad with benches and trees(They looked like willows but that's impossible since willow trees only grow next to running water, thought the she-nerd). Buttresses lined the sides of the buildings with open doorways in between. The biggest main building had 2 huge stained glass windows on the front causing a nice pattern on the ground as the light from the sun hit them. It seemed like I had either stepped back in time or entered Hogwarts without knowing it. Either way, it didn't stop me from landing face first on a guy wearing a football jersey sitting on the front step of the main building.

"Hey! Watch it!" he yelled as I scrambled with both hands and feet away from him. I fetched the textbook I miraculously knocked off his lap about a mile away.  His friends (well, I assumed they were his friends, they all dressed alike) were flat up laughing at me, practically rolling on the floor in their pee of how much they were laughing at me.

"Holy crap! I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there!" I said blushing. Mikey held onto my shoulder firmly as I wobbled nervously.

"Don't go falling again there..." Mikey muttered quietly so that only I could hear.

"It's..it's no problem." the jock said defeated, hearing his friends' retorts and slimy jokes about him.

"Wow, Andy. It looks like another girl has fallen for you yet again." remarked one of his "friends". Everybody cracked up. Suddenly it seemed like there were more people around us than before. Some girls in a group(that dressed nicely) were staring maliciously at me. What did I do!?

"Some friends you have there..."I told him, trying to make light of the situation. I couldn't help but stare at the ground.

"Yeah..yeah, they're something aren't they?" he chuckled in a restrained sort of way. After hesitating a bit, looking back at his friends, he relaxed, posed, and said in a suave voice deeper than it was before, "My name's Andy Evans. You're a face I've never seen before. Who are you?" He put his arm around me before I could answer. "I can show you around...if you'd like?" And he dazzled me with his exaggeratingly white smile, causing me to stutter.

Mikey rolled his eyes.