Chapter 3

*Lawliet's POV* 

I was sitting at headquarters when all of the sudden I noticed I am getting a video call from Watari. I answered eager to know if there was any new information on the Kira case. 

"Watari, have you gathered any worthy information on the case?" 

"No, instead I have a rather big surprise for you." 

"What surprise may that be Watari? Is it cake?"  "I really hope it is a strawberry cake"  I thought to myself before Watari said something I never thought I would hear.

"(Y/N) is on her way to Winchester, she will be working alongside us on the case. I thought she would be a great asset to in the investigation" 

"I look forward to her arrival" 

"I figured you would say something like that, I'll keep in touch and let you know when she has arrived" 

*Video call ends*  

I couldn't help but feel a little uneasy knowing that I was going to see her. The last time I saw her we were teenagers and now she's a woman.. I have thought about her countless times since then. She is on the only one who was able make me feel safe. She was my first love and I have not loved anybody else since her departure. 

I often wonder if she loved me too.. 

*Time skip* 

*(Y/N) POV*

I landed in England and decided to wait inside the airport upon waiting for the text from Watari. An hour or so of waiting I received a text that told me that my destination will be at Wammy's House. 

*Mini time skip* 

Once I had arrived at Wammy's I was being escorted to Watari. I was too nervous for my own good. I was unsure if Lawliet was with him and I didn't know if I was ready to face the one man I gave my heart to..even if he is completely oblivious to it. 

Everything around here looked the same as it was when I attended. It was the best home I could have ever asked for. Wammy's was always a place full of love, acceptance and intelligent people that loved to share their ideas. 

"(Y/N), oh how you have grown!" 

I was snapped out of my thoughts at the sound of Watari's voice. 

"Watari, it's so nice to see you again" I pull him into a hug and I hear him chuckle

"The pleasure is all mine, now shall we?" 

"Yes, of course." I walked into his office and sat near his desk. 

"Now (Y/N) this case is unlike any others we have worked on"

"I remember you saying it was peculiar, how so?" 

"Well, in Japan there a numerous inmates being killed or numerous criminals are being slaughtered I must say" 

"Well how could this person kill so many people without being caught? They must be very experienced"

"The thing is (Y/N).. He or she can kill their victims without being present. I know this sounds almost impossible but it's not. L has solid evidence that this person has a way of taking someones life without being present, near them or anything of the sort. They call this person Kira."

"So what do we do now Watari?" 

"We get you settled in Japan as soon as possible, then you will have a meeting with L about where you stand on the case and how everything will function as a whole. Then we will see how things go on from there" 

I gave him a bright smile  "Sounds like a plan" 

To be continued...