Chapter 12

*Lawliet's POV* 

It was 10:30am and (Y/N) still wasn't awake yet..She must be mentally drained, I honestly don't blame her. Unfortunately I'm going to have to wake her up because we got a response back from the second Kira already! This time the video tape is more confusing but it has opened things up for us. We already have decided what our next move is.. 

I walk through the halls of headquarters with (Y/N) in mind. I finally arrived at her bedroom door, knocked and proceeded into the doorway. She was laying on her side with a strand of her (h/c) hair laying across her face.. She looks so beautiful. I sit beside her on the bed, lean down and kiss her nose gently.. she must have felt it because I see her eyes slowly starting to open. 

"Lawliet, what are you doing here? Did I sleep in too long?" 

"Just a little bit, it's going on 11:00am.. But that's not exactly why I'm here. I'm here to tell you we got a response from the second Kira" 

She darted up from her bed when she heard those words. 

"Seriously?! That fast? What did the video say?"

"Why don't you get dressed and come see for yourself Miss.(L/N) haha" 

She glared at me, it was cute though because I know how impatient she can get sometimes. She can't be upset with me for the long though. 

"Fine, I'll get ready but only on one condition.."

"What condition is that (Y/N)?" 

"You stay the night with me tonight.." 

Goodness..why am I blushing? It's not like I haven't stayed the night with her before.. Why does she have to make me feel like this? I'm such a fool for her it's almost troublesome.

"Fair enough, I'll accept your condition...but it is only because I'm in love with you" 

She smiled the brightest smile I've seen in a while, I enjoy making her happy..I feel like that's one of my purposes in this life.. the other purpose I have is protecting people..and bringing true justice.. Solving cases that the majority can't solve. 

"I love you too, Lawliet. I'll meet you down in the conference room in a few minutes" 

She walked up to me, stood on her tiptoes and gave me a sweet peck on the lips. That was her way of sending me off but I definitely am not complaining. 

*Mini time skip*

*(Y/N) POV*

This tape...is more than peculiar. One word caught my attention. The second Kira mentioned Shinigami.. A God of death.. The second Kira also wants to meet up tomorrow in Aoyama. Lawliet has also notified me that Light Yagami has volunteered for the job.. he plans on bringing a few of his University friends with him to bring suspicion down. Let's hope we can locate the second Kira somehow. 

I am feeling a little leery about Light volunteering though.. If he is Kira he could've potentially volunteered to find his new partner..an accomplice. 

*Time skip*  The following day

*Light's POV*

As I walk through the streets of Aoyama I am feeling pretty confident. I may be on the lookout for the second Kira..the fraud.. I'm most concerned about making sure I am not found out. This person seems to have obtained the Shinigami eyes by giving up have of their remaining life span.. I suppose that's why I chose to travel in a group, perhaps the second Kira won't be able to identify that Ryuk is my Shinigami. 

*??? POV*

"Rem do you think that Kira will actually show up?"

"It is a possibility, but don't get your hopes up. He may think it is foolish to bring himself out into the open" 

Rem may be right but I have a strong gut feeling that Kira will show up with the hope of meeting me. The big question is how long will it take for me to find him? If I even do at all..

After sitting around while keeping an eye out for the past 30 minutes something caught my eye. I noticed a group of young men traveling in a pact.. But one has a Shinigami attached behind him. His name is...Light Yagami.. I have found Kira! Who knew he would be so young..and so handsome! We are destined to be together...we will take over this world together. With his skills and my eyes we will be unstoppable. Light Yagami... I will make you love me. 

To be continued...

*This chapter is a little shorter than my usual ones because from here on out the story is going to be picking up much more and I'll be able to make much longer chapters. Thank you all so much for all of the love on this story. It brightens my day to see you guys enjoying it <3  xoxo