Chapter 18

Several days later

*(Y/N) POV*

It has been about a week since Light has been confined as well as his father. At this point in the investigation I'm starting to feel sorry for the Chief, I can only imagine how he must feel. His only son is suspected to be the most notorious serial killer in the world, it must be a hard thing to swallow but there's no other way to figure out the truth.

I never expected that a young man like him could bring such malice..

At this point.. Misa is a lost cause. I have accepted that there will be no intel coming from her. If she is pretending to not be aware of the situation she's doing a damn good job at it. As for Light..it's all too soon to tell, after all this could be apart of his sick, little game.

I can feel in my gut that this case will soon be coming to a close...

*Lawliet's POV*

"Ryuzaki! Has any criminals that have been released to the public been killed by Kira?"

"As a matter of fact Light none have been killed since your confinement, things aren't looking too good for you at the moment"

"I suppose it's only a matter of time before I'm convicted as a merciless murderer"

I look over at (Y/N) and I can't help but feel sorry that of all times for us to reunite that this is how it's done. I haven't had much time for our new found relationship at all.. I hope she's not angry with me for it, I truly hope that she understands my sense of justice. That regardless of how this case turns out I will always love her.

*(Y/N) POV*

"Ryuzaki, I think it's about time we updated Chief Yagami on our findings"

"I suppose you're right Eden but I have a feeling he's not going to be happy about the news"

Chief Yagami has been slumped over in a chair since his confinement, he's taking this harder than Light is which I'm not sure is a good sign.

"Mr.Yagami we have some updates for you"

"What is it?! Is it good news?!"

"Im afraid not. I am here to tell you that no criminals have died since Lights been detained. I also wanted to tell you not to stress and worry so much. It could take a long time before this is sorted out, maybe you should perhaps get more comfortable"

Lawliet.. I don't think you realize that it's not possible for him to be comfortable or calm in a situation like this. I know that you are trying to show your kind heart but you're walking a fine line with how you're approaching your concern..

"It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to rest or be comfortable! As far as I'm concerned being in this cell is what's best for me! Especially with the state I'm in! Regardless of the outcome.. I WILL BE LEAVING WITH MY SON!"

"I completely understand"

Two days later..

*Light's POV*

"Light, you have been here for a week, how have you been holding up? I'm sure it hasn't been easy for you"

I know that I must look pretty awful in here with my useless sense of pride... but I think it's time..

"Get rid of it"

"Got it!"

See you later.. Ryuk

*(Y/N) POV*

"Ryuzaki, I know I was the one who pushed to be confined but I have realized something.. I'm not a killer and this is not where I belong"

Why is Light having such a sudden change of heart? What's going on here?

Lawliet glances over at me with the same confused expression I have plastered on my face... something is definitely not right!

"Ryuzaki, Eden! I'm not Kira, please let me out of here!"

"I'm sorry Light but I can't do that. You had me promise you that no matter what you say during your imprisonment to not set you free. Not until I was 100% convinced that you are not Kira himself"

"Come on! You have to believe me! I'm not Kira! I must've been framed for this, that's the only logical explanation!"

What is up with him?  Now he claims he's not Kira and that someone has framed him for these crimes.. that's ridiculous.

"Eden.."

"Yes Ryuzaki?"

"Please give me your analysis on Light's behavior.. I'm curious to know if we have the same thoughts based on his actions"

"To be completely honest.. after everything he has pulled what he is saying is absurd! But on the other hand.. he seems sincere to me.. at this point I'm unsure of what to believe"

"I see.. even though he seems sincere we have all the proof we could hope for to convict him. Since the killings have stopped his sincerity means nothing. That's all we know for certain at this point"

One week later..

I was sitting at my desk with Lawliet observing Light and Misa through the surveillance cameras when Matsuda bursts through the door

"Did you guys hear the news?! TWO WEEKS worth of criminals were just killed all at once! It happened yesterday!"

Kira is back..

To be continued....

Thank you all so much for you patience on this story! I also want to thank you all for the 8k+ reads💓 I love you all so much and I couldn't be anymore grateful for you guys! xoxo

Love always,
Author-chan 💖