✾chapter one✾

• [Light's P.O.V] •

I began sipping on my coffee and typing away at my college essay that was due to be handed in, in 2 days. I was sat in my favourite coffee shop just for some peace and quite, it was always noisy at home. Especially while L has disappeared now that Kira is God of the new world, my father has been home a lot and that means more arguing due to stress. "Hello?" An angelic voice spoke, causing me to look up from my laptop. "Do you mind if I sit here?"

"O-Of course I don't mind," I stuttered, 'damnit Light, stay calm'. The girl sat opposite me with her coffee and opened her book. I couldn't help but steal glimpses of her, she looked like an angel, her h/l h/c hair framed her face perfectly and her e/c eyes that concentrated on every single word she read in her book. I concentrated on her pursed lips, the way her chest would rise and fall when she breathed in and out aswell as the way she tucked a single strand of her hair behind her ear  in order to read better. I wanted to speak to her, yet I found myself unable to move or open my mouth.

Wanting to ignore the fuzzy, warm feeling in my stomach, I turned my attention back on my college essay however I still looked at her from time to time. I went to reach for my coffee however I missed it and ended up spilling it on myself, the cup smashing to the floor. I cursed quietly when I felt the table move, the girl had gotten up and got some paper towels and began to place them on my leg. "Are you okay?" She asked with a slight stutter.

"Y-Y-" I started, but I couldn't form the last two letters, so I just nodded my head. She began to wipe my trousers and shirt where I had been splashed by my coffee, I stared at her, intoxicated by her. She was beautiful, gorgeous, words couldn't even describe how mysterious this girl was. I'm usually good at reading people's personalities, but hers... I just couldn't.

"There," she smiled and stood up. "All done. Let me buy you another coffee Mr...?" She trailed off.

"Y-Yagami. L-Light Yagami," I stuttered and held my hand out for her to shake.

She smiled and took it, "well Mr Light Yagami, that's a very interesting name. I'm y/n, y/n l/n."

"Perfect name for a perfect girl," I muttered so she couldn't hear.

"Huh?" y/n asked eyeing me up and down.

"I said you're really beautiful," I said quickly. Mentally face palming myself as soon as those words came out of my mouth. "I mean-um, I should ehh..."

"Thank you Mr Yagami," she blushed.
"You're also very handsome. Now, about that coffee, I'll just go order it for you." And with that, she walked to the counter.

"Light?" Ryuk asked from behind me. "What are you thinking?"

"I'm not thinking anything," I lied.

"I may be a Shinigami, but Shinigami also know human attraction or arousal when we see it," Ryuk stated, causing Light to blush but growl lowly.

"Well, you aren't sensing any of that here." I huffed at the Shinigami.

"Liar," Ryuk laughed. "Listen Light, I don't have to be with you wherever you go, I just come because I get bored, but if you were to have a... Lady friend, in your life and you wanted to spend some time with her I wouldn't be there."

"Ryuk I-"

"Coffee, Mr Yagami!" Her angelic, soft voice came. My heart jumped out of my chest as I came face-to-face with her, and stared directly into her e/c eyes with my brown ones. "I hope this is okay." She sat down where she was sat before and placed her book back in her bag and placed her hands on the desk.

"You really didn't need to buy me another coffee," I smiled politely. I was still finding it hard to form and finish sentences without stuttering.

"Nonsense, plus it looks like you're working hard, so you need it," she smiled innocently. "So Mr Yagami, what is it you're doing?"

"Just call me Light," I whispered, she nodded as a reply. "And I am writing an essay that's due in in 2 days for college."

"I see," she smiled and stood up, handing me a piece of paper. "I should go, but it was a pleasure to meet you Light Yagami. Here's my number, please call or text me."

"I will, I-I'd like to see you again," I blushed taking the piece of paper. She waved and smiled before turning to walk away, leaving me longing for her to come back. Shoving the phone number into my phone case so I would remember to text her later, I continued with my essay.

I hope you enjoyed chapter one
Vote/Comment/Share!
It would mean a lot! Thank you!
5 votes and I'll post a new chapter! :)