Chapter 3: An Intimate (?) Visit

A.N. Heads up. Yeah, look up.  This shit is a bit of a flirt. Okay, he's a big time flirt. lmfao

Today was, as per usual, very normal for Rin.

It's been a few weeks since he left the 11th ward and had almost gotten his head ripped off by a ghoul called 'Nibbles' who's usually identified with a creepy half, red eyed mask, his crooked teeth exposed which is always seen to be nibbling on his victim's flesh before he finally gorges them down.

Thinking about how long he's been in the 20th ward now, he knit up his brows and pulled his head up a bit, reveling at the calm and cool morning he was walking under.

Since the sun was still covered by the light clouds, Rin didn't have to worry about being irritated by the ball of heat.

Rin raised a brow and slightly pouted at himself all of a sudden. 'I didn't think Nibbles would be so irritable.'

He just wanted to ask where the library was but the guy instantly hissed and threw himself at the boy, growling like a (giant, rabid) cat and letting his bikaku rip through the air to try and behead the little blonde boy.

'Should've killed him, though.' Rin thought to himself, not even shuddering at his ominous thoughts as he touched his hair, rubbing a thick dark strand between two fingers.

Of course, after his little venture with Amon Koutarou, the man was left vengeful and determined to track him down so he had to have a bit of a makeover and make Cheetah disappear for a while.

Nowadays, the boy has slightly longer, shoulder length hair tapering between his shoulder blades, dyed to be darker than midnight. The mole on his left cheek was gone too which was easier to take care of since it was just the result of his make-up skills, after all. The last night he had spent beating up Amon was the only night he actually wore make up to conceal his face.

'Thank god, that's over.' Rin scornfully thought, regretting, just for a bit, that he had to get mixed up with such a troublesome human who made him be so careful, he just had to watch make up tutorials in the internet.

Now though, the boy was a lot more himself and more comfortable than ever.

'And I don't have to wear any make up anymore.'

Right as he was frowning at the slight split ends in his hair, two teens whizzed by, whispering to each other about a certain blonde ghoul.

Rin continued walking behind them, keeping his head down and hiding the fact that he was practically craning his neck to listen in on gossip about him.

"We should really test to see if Cheetah's gone." the slightly taller boys said with a giggle. Rin narrowed his eyes a bit, starting to feel the amusement bubbling in him.

It has been about three months since his last escapade in the 16th ward. A last bang to go through before totally disappearing and putting the CCG's hunt into a screeching halt. Oh, what he would give to see how annoyed that muscle man is to hear about his disappearance!

He still remembered the investigator yelling something about his real name. Rin felt his shoulders shaking again, a wobbly grin on his face.

The slightly shorter boy shifted nervous eyes to his friend now. "That's not a very good idea." he hissed. Rin lightly nodded in agreement. 'Quite stupid, indeed.'

Whatever kind of human the taller one was, Rin was sure he had thrill issues.

"No way am I gonna wait for that ghoul in an alley." The other boy said, "You know that they say Cheetah loves to torture his victims. May it be ghoul or human."