Chapter 11:An Unusual Day

Humans screamed, their shouts ringing past Rin's ears as he grunted, shoving past the torrent of humans trying to scurry away from the rampaging ghoul's snake-like kagune whipping out and smashing through the forest of buildings and leaving thick, deep scars in its wake.

"AMON!" Rin shouted, catching a glimpse of the ghoul investigator's white coat.

"GET AWAY, ERIN!"

Rin flinched at that. Hearing the way Amon said it, it simply wakened the annoyance he had against the Dove the first time they met and agreed on a truce. The last time he heard that sentence, he was being addressed as merely 'ghoul' and Amon was trying to keep Rin away with his quinque all the while holding a mean grimace on his face.

'Bastard.' Rin growled to himself, feeling the blood in his veins pulsing with heat as he fought against the crowd of people shoving past him like a landslide tumbling against an immovable tree.

Though the only thought screaming through his head was that he should get away, Rin's body didn't listen.

He knew that it was probably going to end badly with the rampaging ghoul realizing he was Cheetah and screaming Rin's true identity into the world. After hearing the truth, Amon would get ridiculously angry before he starts to try and kill Rin for tricking him once again, putting the young ghoul first before the rampaging one.

He knew all that and he was inwardly kicking himself for not listening to his cautious self for once but another thought came to his mind, tugging wildly at his brain and waking the grinning monster inside him.

Until the right time comes, Amon will not and cannot be harmed by anything else.

'I'll be the one to kill Amon Koutarou.' Rin felt his eyes darken as he easily dodged a flying car tire, thinking about when the time to kill the Dove would finally come.

Once again, Rin heard Amon shout his alias name, "Get the hell away from here, Erin!"

Feeling annoyed, Rin was about to shout back a rude name to the Dove when a rustic cracking sound burst through the air along with the sound of glass breaking. The air suddenly changed over Rin's head and he noticed a shadow pooling largely around him.

Pulling his head up, his eyes widened at the sight of a blue car with its mid-section pressed like a flattened can. And it was falling right towards him.

"Watch out, kid!" a stranger yelled.

For a moment, everything worked in slow motion and Rin felt his kagune scratching madly at the skin on his lower back but he fought against it. In broad daylight, showing his kagune was a troublesome sentence especially with Amon and his Doujima hanging around.

'Run, dumbass!'

At the last second, the muscles in his legs slid together as he readied a jump to the right but before he could even move, a flash of bright red slashed before his eyes and slammed against the car. With a loud crash, the vehicle was sent tumbling to the left, the sound of glass and metal clanging at the pavement and making Rin cringe as he watched the broken car roll over the street.

"Are you alright?!"

Whipping his head up, Rin only noticed Amon standing right before him, his baseball bat-like quinque-Doujima crackling with a blood red hue next to him. Amon stared wide eyed at Rin, panting with an expression of fear and shock that Rin was too unfamiliar with.

Rin only noticed that he was simply staring at Amon once the ghoul investigator shouted "ERIN!" with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

As if waking himself from a trance, Rin blinked and stiffly, gave a hard nod. Assured the boy was fine, Amon turned his back on Rin, facing the ghoul crying and wailing before them, then he stiffened. Right before the adult ghoul was another man-a human wearing a crisp suit and tie but had his brown hair neatly smoothed back. He stared at the adult ghoul with frightened eyes, paralyzed with fear.