Chapter 8: 1600 Yen

There was a very high pitched ringing in Rin's ears. The boy groaned at the sound, moving against the warm and soft bed under him, carefully curling his fingers into the thick blanket plopped over his bare chest.

"Fuck." He hissed under his breath, groaning once again this time at the banging at his temples. His head was pulsing. Who would have thought that blood could be actually this bad for his health?

'Never.' He thought, gingerly shaking his head against the soft pillow and burying his face into it, 'Never, never again will I go back to that place. I hate alcohol. Fuck life.'

Heavily sighing, Rin finally decided to get out of bed. His mouth was feeling dry and gross. He needed some water. Lazily pulling his arms out from under him, he pushed against the bed, groaning when his arms felt incredibly weak and brittle as he lifted his head off the pillow.

Once he pulled his head up, he cocked it back, whipping his eyes away from the heavenly brightness beaming into the room and stinging his eyes from the glass window.

"Damn." He muttered, squinting his eyes and struggling to see the cup of water which he usually left at the side table next to his futon. Pushing his arm out, he leaned towards the table with an outreached hand waving into mid-air and still squinting through his lashes.

The boy didn't realize had had leaned too far until gravity had done its job, pulling him down towards the floor and making a shocking jumping feeling burst into Rin's stomach as he flailed, suddenly shouting a very impressive French profanity before he lurched over what seemed to be a railing and finally slipped off the bed and fell to the floor with a loud THUD!

Rin groaned, the fall was strangely high.

"What the fuck?"

Rin pulled his head up, ruffling his hair as he looked around in confusion. Last he remembers, he slept on a flat futon thus, making it impossible to drop unto the floor.

Finally adjusting his vision, Rin blinked. The bed which he fell from was high off the floor-a double decker bed that didn't have the lower bed and instead had a small square table and chair propped right underneath.

Right next to the bed, a very big and heavy looking dumbbell sat, roaring with an intimidating aura. Seeing that he was in a totally different room, Rin started to panic, feeling the flighty thumping in his chest as his face reddened.

'This is not my house.' Rin wanted to say but he was speechless as he scanned the room, untangling himself from the blankets.

"Where...what?"

What on earth happened while he was out? Rin stared at nothing, a blank look on his pale face as he tried and tried to remember. But there was nothing but frustrating blankness in his mind. All he could remember was getting on a taxi then getting back to the 20th ward. After that, everything else was just a haze, a sea of confusion.

Pulling himself up to his feet, he fought against the piercing headache, stumbling around the room and groaning like a zombie as he searched for his phone.

"Fuck, don't tell me I lost it." he muttered to himself, finally standing in the middle of the neat room and just looking. After a moment, he spotted the mobile sitting right atop a small cabinet propped against the wall. Moving towards it, he switched it on, seeing that the battery was almost dead and that it was already four in the afternoon.

Rin sighed, exhausted. Feeling a sudden chill in the room, the boy shuddered a bit and leaned towards the blanket. Just as he was doing so, he froze. Staring at his outreached arm, he saw it was bare. Blinking, he pulled his gaze further up. A cold breeze teasingly licked his bare back.