Prologue

"Weirdo!"
"Loser!"
"You don't fit in here, why don't you just leave already?"
"Yeah, run far away from here and never come back!"
All the bullies laughed as they pointed at the little boy sitting on the ground before them, crying as he listened to their hurtful words. The bullies would always find the littlest of difference to make fun of someone about and today, along with always, they picked the topic that the young boy had no fairy. Each one of the bullies had their own little fairy that flew around their heads, staying at their side to guild them. As for the little boy, there was no fairy nor was there ever. He was fairy-less.
"Oi! Leave him alone!" The bullies raised their heads at the voice, as did the boy, only to see a young girl standing not far from them.
The girl was around the same age as any other kid in the forest, only just a child wearing all green. She stood their with her tiny hands balled in fist as she puffed up her rosy cheeks. She seemed just about harmless in the bullies eyes.
"Haha, look guys, its the other fairy-less wonder!" The leader of the bullies laughed, pointing to the girl as the other joined in. The girl huffed, marching over to the leader and pointing a figure at him, looking him dead in the eyes with a deadly glare.
"It doesn't matter if we don't got fairy's!" She snapped as the boy smirked.
"Think about it, what kokiri doesn't have a fairy? Your the only two in history that don't. It means your different," he leaned his face down to hers as she pouted, stomping her foot on the ground.
"Its better to be different than stupid like you Mido!" the girl pointed out as the other bullies giggled, looking to their leader as he huffed.
"You know what, you two arn't worth my time! Come on guys," Mido turned, marching off as his friends followed quickly, not even looking back at the two fairy-less kokiri's as they left out of sight.
The girl crossed her arms, sticking out her tongue at the bullies as they left," yeah you better run! One more moment and I would have beat you into the ground!"
The boy still sitting on the ground sniffed, wiping his tears away as he looked down sadly. The girl noticed this and turned around, frowning as she offered him a hand. The boy looked up, staring at her with wide blue eyes. Usually no one would ever help him when he need it the most, so this was different, having the girl help him like she did.
"Are you okay?" The girl asked as the boy nodded, taking her hand as she pulled him to his feet, smiling sweetly at him causing the poor boy to blush," I'm (Y/n). What's your name?"
"L-Link..." the boy whispered, looking down as the girl smiled, tilting her head to the side cutely.
"Link, huh? That's a nice name~" She smiled brightly as Link looked to her without a word. The girl leaned closer to his face as he leaned back, the blush never leaving his cheeks. (Y/n) stared at him for a moment before smiling and pulling away," I like you, kid. You can be my new friend~!"
"F-Friend?" Link asked as (Y/n) nodded, looking confused.
"Don't tell me you don't know what a friend is," she pouted as Link looked down.
"I just never h-had a friend b-b-before..." he whispered quietly as (Y/n) gasped.
"Never?!"
"...N-N-Never..."
"Well then I'll be your friend for sure~" she pointed a figure at her self with a wide smile as Link looked up at her, shocked.
"You will?"
"Yep! And don't worry, want to hear a secret?" She asked, looking around and making sure no one would hear. Link thought about it for a moment before nodding quickly. (Y/n) leaned close to his ear, looking around before whispering," I don't gotta fairy either..."
"R-Really?" Link asked, looking to her as she pulled away, nodding.
"We can be fairy-less together!" (Y/n) cheered as Link nodded.
"Okay..."
"But to be my friend, you have to make a promise," (Y/n) went serious as Link titled his head, blinking.
"What kinda promise?" He asked as (Y/n) held her pinky out in front of her.
"You got to pinky promise that we'll always be friends and that we'll always be there for each other. Once you promise, you can't break it," (Y/n) explained as Link looked at her pinky.
"What happens if I do?" He asked curiously, lookign back up at (Y/n).
"You'll die!" (Y/n) replied dramatically as Link gasped. He looked back at her figure then her, thinking for a moment. After a while, he held his pinky out, smiling softly.
"Promise?" (Y/n) asked as Link nodded. The two wrapped their pinkies around each other, both smiling brightly.
"I promise."