Chapter 8 || Regreting My Past

(Link's P.O.V)

"Link, wake up...Link, the chosen one..." I blinked open my eyes, seeing a blue ground. I looked around, feeling haft asleep as I did. Where was I? How'd I get here? All I remember is pulling the master sword then...then what?

I looked in front of me to see an older man standing there, watching me. I blinked, staring at the man," w-who...who are you? Where am I?"

"I am Rauru, one of the ancient Sages," the man explained, not taking his eyes off of me," ages ago, we ancient Sages built the temple of time to protect the entrance of the Sacred Realm. We're in the Chamber of Sages inside the Temple of light. The Temple of light is the last stronghold against Ganondorf's evil forces. The master sword, the sword you pulled out of its pedestal, was the final key to the sacred realm. Link, don't be scared, look at yourself."

I raised an eyebrow, wondering what Rauru mean't before stepping forward, looking at the water in front of me as my eyes went wide. I was...older now...I wasn't a child but an adult. 

"Look Link, your all grown up~!" Navi cheered as I just stared at my refection with wide eyes. B-But kokiri's aren't suppose to grow up...we're suppose to stay kids forever!

"The master sword is a sword that evil can't touch. Only the one worthy of the title 'Hero of Time' can pull it out of the pedestal of time. However, you were much to young to be the hero of Time. Therefore your spirit was sealed here for sever years. Now that your old enough, it is time for you to awaken as the Hero of Time. Well, do you understand your destiny now?" Rauru asked as I looked up to him then my refection again. Seven whole years...that long?

"Y-Yes...I guess..." I whispered the last part and looked up at Rauru as he continued.

"Remember, though you opened the door of time in the name of peace, Ganondorf used it to enter this forbidden Sacred Realm. He captured the triforce and used it power to make himself king of evil. In seven short years, he's transformed Hyrule into a world of monsters," Rauru explained as I looked to him," you must find the other Sages and save Hyrule. Here, take this."

Rauru gave me a pendants before I was surrounded by light, disappearing. When I opened my eyes, I was in the Temple of Time once more. It looked the same. Same light grey walls, same old look. The only thing different was that the master sword was no longer in its pedestal but strapped to my back.

"Look, Link, we're back. Do you really think seven years have past?" Navi asked, flying around my head as I looked around, not answering her. I fell older and...weird in a way. How could I sleep for seven years?

"I don't really know what to think right now, Navi. Lets just get out of here," I shook my head, walking forward as Navi followed. I got the weird feeling that someone was watching me from behind. I grabbed the master sword, spinning around to see a guy standing were I once was, watching me.

"I've been waiting for you, hero of time. When evil rules all, an awakening voice from the Scared Realm will call those destined to be Sages who dwell in the five temples. One in the forest, one in the high mountain, one under vast lake, one within the house of the dead, one inside the goddess of sand. Together with the hero of time, they will bind the evil and return peace to the world. This is a legend passed down from my people, the Sheikah. I am Sheik, survivor of the Sheikahs. As I see you standing here with legendary master sword, you really do look like a true hero. If you believe the legend, you must go look for the five sages," the man, Sheik, explained as I listened," good luck, hero."

With that, he disappeared within smoke, leaving Navi and I to remember his words.

"Well that was strange," Navi pointed out as I nodded.

"It was," I thought about what Sheik said about the temples and stages. One in the forest, one in the high mountain, one under vast lake, one within the house of the dead, one inside the goddess of sand. 

One in the forest, huh? The forest...my home. What's happened to it after all this time? And my friends...? The twins, the brothers, Mido, Saria and...(Y/n)...The last time I saw her I yelled at her, we fought for the first time. Seven years have passed since then, what does she think of me now? 

"So where to first, hero?" Navi asked as I continued to walk.

"To kokiri forest. I need to see the others. I need to know that their safe."

'I need to know that (Y/n)'s safe.'