Chapter 4 || I'll Wait For You

(Link's P.O.V)
I ran though the trees, soon entering the kokiri forest and looking around. I still liked this place better than the other places I've seen lately. It was calmer and it was the place I've grown up in, my home. I saw the others playing around on the other side of the forest, from the looks, they were playing tag, a game we all loved to play. But I didn't see (Y/n) anywhere with them.
"Link~" I smiled to see Saria running up to me, exiting the game as the others didn't pay much attention. Saria threw her arms around me, bring me into a hug as I happily hugged her back," you came back~"
"I came to visit for a moment. I can't stay long though," I pulled away as she frowned, titling her head.
"Why's that? I thought you only had to give the Princess girl the stone," she asked as I nodded.
"The Princess told me that I had to go get to other stones. She said if I do, I'm going to be some kind of hero and we'll save Hyrule," I explained as Saria grinned.
"Really? That's cool but, what are you saving Hyrule from?" She asked.
"Some evil man...I think his name was Ganondorf," I thought for a moment before nodding," yeah that's his name."
"Oh..." Saria just nodded. I don't know if she believed me that much by how she acted. I looked around, still not seeing (Y/n). Honesty, she was the main reason I came back here. Where was she?
Saria must have saw how confused I was because she giggled, smiling," are you looking for (Y/n)?"
"Yeah, is she here?" I asked as Saria nodded, handing me a folded paper as I looked at it them her questionably.
"She told me to give this to you. She said not to read it so I don't know what it says. All she told me was to give it to you if you came back," Saria explained as I opened the folded paper and looking at it. A bunch of words were scribbled onto the paper a long with what looked like a map.
"Oi Saria! You playing or not!" Mido yelled as the others nodded. Saria looked to them, nodding and yelling back a 'yes' before looking to me," I gotta go, see you later, Link. Good luck on your adventure."
I looked up from the paper, nodding as she ran off. I looked back down at the writing, reading it carefully.
'Hey Link,' it read,' if your reading this then it must mean Saria gave it to you and you came back. Thank you for keeping your promise. Now that your back, I want to show you something. Follow this map and you'll find it, along with me. Can't wait to see you- Your friend (Y/n).'
I smiled, looking at the map drawn on the bottom of the paper. I didn't know where it lead, but I was curious. The first place on the map was what looked like the Twin's house. Behind the twins house was a red 'x' along with the words 'go though here and you'll find me'.
I followed what the map said, going to the Twin's house and walking behind it, however, I didn't see anything. All that was there was a bundle of bushes up against the dirt wall. I looked back down at the map, looking at the 'x' then the bushes. 'Go though here and you'll find me'? Maybe, under the bushes?
I got down on my knees, putting the paper away and crawling under the bushes. As I poked my head though, I was greeted by a tunnel of some short. I had no clue this tunnel was here at all. I continued to crawl though the tunnel, keeping my eyes in front of me as I saw light getting closer.
Once I got out on the other side, my eyes went wide. It was amazing! There was a small waterfall that flowed into a pound and a tree house on the other end. I never knew this was here and I doubt the others did either. How could we miss this?
I got up to my feet, walking around and looking at all the different things to see. It was so peacefully here. I liked it.
"Link!" I turned around, only to be knocked to the ground before I could think. I opened my eyes to see (Y/n) hovering over me, laughing with a huge smile on her face," you keep your promise and came back!"
"Yeah," she stood up, offering me a hand as I took it and she pulled me up. Once I stood up, I looked around at the place then at (Y/n)," how long have you known about this place?"
"Oh for years, way before I even meet you. I just didn't tell anyone about it. Its like my secret hideout but now, it can be yours too. You just can't tell anyone about it," she explained as I nodded.
"Not even Saria?"
"Not even Saria."
"Okay. So, is this were you live or something?" I asked as she nodded, taking my hand and leading me over to the tree house.
"Yep~! Its really nice isn't it?"
"It is," I agreed as she climbed up the ladder. I quickly followed after her, heading into the tree house and looking around. There were a lot of books and art work everywhere. Cool~
"So what did the Princess have to say?" (Y/n) asked, sitting down on the bed in the corner of the room as I sat next to her.
"Well, I gave her the kokiri emerald like the great deku tree told me too. She then told me about this dream she had. She said she saw darkness rise over Hyrule and some boy, which she thinks is me, defeated that evil," I explained, thinking about my conversion with the Princess as (Y/n) listened.
"So she thinks your going to be a hero or something?" (Y/n) asked, looking to me as I nodded, preparing for her not to believe me like Saria," that's so cool!"
"R-Really?" I asked as she nodded, a smile printed across her lips.
"Yeah, I mean, nothings cooler than saving a whole kingdom from evil. You'll be just like the heroes in story books," (Y/n) smiled, leaning back on her hands," so what do you have to do? Did she say?"
"The Princess said that she thinks the evil represents this man...Ganondorf or something..." I thought as (Y/n) went quiet, frowning at the name. I looked to her, noticing and titling my head," what's wrong?"
"N-Nothing I just...I feel as if I've heard the name before. Oh well, what else about the man?" She asked, smiling once again as I just shook it off and contained.
"She said that he must be after something called the triforce and that we have to keep it away from him. She told me to go get two other stones, spiritual stones, and bring them to her. That's all," I looked to (Y/n) as she nodded.
"Then...you'll be leaving longer?" She asked, frowning a bit as I frowned as well.
"Well not for long. I'll continue to keep my promise and come back. It can't be that hard to defeat this Ganondorf guy. After I do, I'll come right back," I promised taking (Y/n)'s hands in mine as she laughed.
"I know. I'll wait her for you, promise. While your gone, I'll protect the others and play my part, even if it isn't as big as yours," (Y/n) smiled as I nodded, standing up. We both walked outside as I jumped down from the tree house, looking back up at (Y/n).
"I will come back as soon as I'm done...Goodbye (Y/n)," I waved to her as she leaned her against the railing, waving with a smile.
"Goodbye hero~ I'll wait for you to come home."​​​​​​​