|| Chapter 23 || Your...Who's Child?

(Link's P.O.V)

I ran back to the Gerudo fortress as fast as I could. It had been a few hours but I did it. I saved the sage of fire who was a Gerudo woman and I can now go back to see (Y/n) again. It took a bit longer than I thought but then again, it had been awhile since I had to do a temple or dungeon on my own. It was a lot harder than I remembered.

"We can finally put Ganondorf's rule to an end, Link~ Aren't you happy?!" Navi cried, smiling brightly as I nodded.

"Yeah. Everything can go back to being the way it should be. I bet (Y/n) will be pretty happy too," I looked forward, walking though the gates and exiting the desert area.

A few Gerudo's gave me weird looks but from what I've learned, some of them don't like men very much so I guess that's why. I ignored them though, heading towards the elders place to find (y/n).

"Link should be back soon..." I could hear (Y/n) talking to the elder Gerudo as I smiled. I couldn't wait to see her and tell her the good news. 

"Have you told him?" I stopped at the elder's voice, titling my head.  

"What are they-" Navi asked as I quickly covered her mouth, trying to listen.

"No...I...I haven't..." I heard (y/n) answer and the elder sigh. I looked through one of the holes in the door, seeing the two talking. (Y/n) was sitting on the ground as the elder was walking around doing whatever as they talked.

"I would think if you to were so close that you would have told him by now," the elder looked to her as she lowered her head.

"I just don't know how to bring it up. Its not like its much of a concern to him," (Y/n) shook her head as the elder once again sighed.

"I know, you don't have to I guess. But, dear, your not planing on going with him to fight Ganondorf, are you?" the elder asked, going back to what she was doing as (Y/n) went quiet, not saying a word. The elder looked back, frowning," (Y/n) you must not go! Ganondorf knows-"

"I know, I know. I've known for years now. It will be fine though. I'll be okay," (Y/n) stood up, dusting herself off as the elder lowered her head.

"Then you should tell you friend if you plan on going...so he knows," she pointed out as (Y/n) nodded.

I took this as my chance to walk in, looking to the two," tell me what?"

They both looked to me, wide eyed. (Y/n) was the one who was shocked the most," Link!? You where listening to us?!"

"Y-Yeah...what h-haven't you told me, (Y/n)? What have you been hiding?" I asked as (Y/n) bit her lip, looking down.

"Its..."

"Don't try lying either. You can tell me the truth and I'll understand. You don't need to hide anything from me," I took a step towards her as she frowned, hesitating. 

"I...I hold a magical power, Link. One that Ganondorf is after. Its the reason why my hideout was destroyed, its the reason why we were attacked in the Shadow Temple...I-Its why I didn't want you to ever leave. I-I knew who Ganondorf was because I've meet him before. He tried taking the power from my mother and when she passed it on to me, I was his new target!" She cried, tears in her eyes as she stared at the side, refusing to meet my eyes," that's why I want him dead. He took everything from me and he just keeps trying until he gets what he wants. I didn't want him to take you from me too so that's one of the reasons why I agreed to come with you, so I could try and protect you. I stayed here because this was my home all those years ago. It reminded me of my mother so I stayed...I-I'm sorry I never told you."  

"(Y/n)..." I frowned, holding her close to me. I let her cry for a while before looking her in the eye, clearing away her tears and smiling softly," Its okay...I understand and I'm not mad. I'm just glad you told me."

"That's not all I want you to know. I want you to know the whole story...please," she looked to the elder as she nodded, walking over to a few boxes and grabbing something out.

"Here we are. Come, sit close to the fire and it will tell," she walked over to the fire, sitting down as (Y/n) pulled me with her, doing the same. I sat next to her, confused at first as I looked into the fire. The elder threw some kinda golden dust inside the fire as the flames suddenly reached to the sky, lighting up the room quickly. My eyes went wide as I stared into the flames. Then everything went black....