Chapter 9 || She's Alive

(Link's P.O.V)

Everything is so...different now. So destroyed. From the seven years that I was gone, everything is horrible. I was now running to kokiri forest, scared to see what I'd find. I soon entered the forest, sliding to a stop and staring at the place around me. This wasn't the place I left. This wasn't my home.

The place was very dark and scary, it looked like hell went right though it. No one was walking around as they usually did, I didn't see anyone at all. I put a hand on my head, looking around with wide eyes. No one was here. Where'd they all go?

"(Y/n)..." I turned, running off to the secret hide out (Y/n) showed me. She said she'd wait there for me. She has to be there, she has to be! 

"(Y/n)!" It was much harder to crawl though the space this time, me being...older and all. I crawled though as fast as I could. I finally got though, standing up and looking at the place, my eyes wide. It was worst the the rest of the forest.

The water was a gross green color as the grass was a dry brown color. The tree house, (Y/n)'s tree house, was burnt to a crisp, no life at all. I stepped forward, staring at the scene," (Y/n)...(Y/N)!!!"

I ran forward, climbing up the ladder that was somehow still there. I didn't care if the place caved in, I needed to find (Y/n). I'll clime up the ladder and she'll be there. She has to be.

"(Y/n)..." I stood up, looking at the place. Everything was gone. Destroyed. 

"Oh no..." Navi whispered as I walked into the room, looking around at everything. There were few pictures still in contact, most burned badly. There was no (Y/n), not a sign of her. I looked around the abandoned place, looking for any sign, anything at this point.

I walked over to a corner of the room, looking at one of the burned pictures. It was a picture of (Y/n) and me. I had a sword in my hand as (Y/n) stood next to me smiling. On the top of the paper, there were words to read 'To My Hero'. I frowned, staring at the picture. Was she going to give this to me before I left? Before we got into that fight? 

"Wow you must feel like a jerk now. The last thing you ever did was yell at her and all, now she's gone maybe even forever," Navi read the paper from over my shoulder, bouncing around as I slightly glared at her before realizing she was right. I did hurt (Y/n)'s feelings. She was right, I trusted a girl I hardly meet over her when she was right. I am a jerk...

"C-Come on Navi," my voice cracked as I folded the paper, putting it in my pocket and heading for the exit. Navi hesitated before following me as we left. I stared at the ground the whole way, thinking about (Y/n). Where was she? And the others? They can't all be dead...can they?

"Don't look sad, Link. It will be okay," Navi flew in front of my head once we crawled out of the tunnel. I stared at her for a moment before shaking my head.

"No...it won't," I muttered before walking forward, looking around the area. Navi stayed quiet as we walked, I wasn't in the mood to talk and I think she knew that. As we walked, I heard footsteps, but when I looked around, I saw no one.

"Hey...you there. Grown up," A voice whispered as I looked up and down, then around. I stopped someone standing in the entrance of a house, staring at me with curios eyes," who are you? What are you doing here?"

"Hey don't talk to strange people," another voice hissed as I titled my head. They were kokiri's. I recognized their voices, it was the know-it-all-brothers.

"But I want to know why he's here," one brother wined as the other snapped at him.

"We're not to talk to weird people!" He snapped as I walked towards the two, both of them looking to me.