Chapter 2 || Goodbyes Aren't Forever

(Y/n) lied in the grass, staring up at the sky with a smile printed across her face. She just loved how the sky looked almost gold, it was so...beautiful. She liked it there in the forest. It was calm, beautiful, and just plan amazing. She closed her eyes, listening to the sounds of the forest and the far off voices of other kokiri's playing together. Why would anyone want to leave, she thought to herself, sighing happily.
"(Y/n)~!" (Y/n) opened her eyes, looking to her side to see her green clad friend running towards him quickly, Navi flying as fast as she could to stay at the boys side. (Y/n) smiled, sitting up and hugging her knees to her chest as she looked to Link," Link, your back. What did the great deku tree say?"
"..." Link went quiet, standing in front of (Y/n) as he debated whether or not to tell her the truth or not. After a moment, he sighed, looking down and quietly whispering," he...died..."
"W-What?! The great deku tree's dead?!" (Y/n) just about jumped to her feet, looking to Link with wide eyes as he frowned.
"Y-Yeah..." Link whispered, thinking about it all. He was the last person to see and talk to the great deku tree and now he was gone for good...
"Did you...at least get to talk to him before he went?" (Y/n) asked as Link nodded sadly, going quiet.
"Well h-he gave me this before he died," Link reached into his back pocket, pulling out a shiny green stone and holding it out to (Y/n) as she aw'd.
"It looks important," she pointed out as Link nodded.
"It is. I think he called it...the kokiri's emerald," Link explained as (Y/n) looked over the stone closely.
"Sounds important too. Why'd the great deku tree give it to you? Did he say?" She asked as Link frowned, not saying anything. (Y/n) looked away from the green stone up at her friend, titling her head in confusion to why he looked so...upset," Link, what's wrong?"
"The great deku tree...he told me that I have to go to Hyrule castle and bring this to Princess Zelda, I think her name was," Link explained as (Y/n) stared at him, shocked.
"To Hyrule castle? But isn't that outside of the forest?" (Y/n) asked as Link nodded sadly," but Link, no kokiri has ever, ever left the forest! Your not really going to leave are you?"
"He has too, the great deku tree told him so!" Navi came in front of (Y/n)'s face, bouncing around in the air as (Y/n) frowned, looking to Link as he looked away, putting the stone away. The two stayed quiet for a moment, both looking away from each other for the longest time before (Y/n) spoke.
"So your really going to leave, huh?" She asked as Link just nodded. (Y/n) thought for a moment before sighing, looking up to Link with a small smile," well good luck then."
"W-What?" Link looked to her, blinking," your okay with it?"
"I've always known that we won't always be together and besides, its not like we won't see each other again. Just come and visit as much as you can, just to check in," (Y/n) replied as Link smiled softly.
"Okay. I will," he smiled, nodding.
"Pinky promise?" (Y/n) asked, holding her pinky finger out. Link chuckled, wrapping his pinky finger around hers.
"Pinky promise," the two stood there for a moment before, within a second, (Y/n) wrapped her arms around Link, being him into a hug as he quickly hugged his friend back.
"Good luck, Link. Stay safe," she whispered in his elfish ear as he nodded, enjoying her embrace for as long as he could before pulling away. He stared into her (e/c) eyes before backing up and running off quickly. (Y/n) stood there, watching her friend go with a smile. Sure, no kokiri has ever left the forest but she knew deep down that Link was special, that he'd come back she knew he would.