|| Chapter 27 || Everything Stay's

(Author's P.O.V)

So, after Zelda being kidnapped and trapped in crystal like Annie was, Link and (Y/n) hurried to Ganondorf's castle, trying to get through as fast as they could to save their friend. Well, Link's friend. Its up to (Y/n) if Zelda's her friend or not...

Once getting there, they had to enter several different rooms, each based off a different dungeon where they had found a sage in. After going through a room, a sage would be able to use their power to make a some kind of key to the next part of the castle. 

Since each room was based off one of their dungeons, it made it easier to know what to do as they got through the first haft fairly fast. But it took longer than it could have since someone *cough cough* Link *cough cough* refused to leave (Y/n)'s side when she suggested they'd split up so it would take less time. But, they got through and I guess that's the important part.
Now all they had only a few more rooms to go in before they get to Ganondorf. So, lets let the story take care of itself, shall we?

(Link's P.O.V)

I walked ahead a bit, looking around the hallway before look behind me at (Y/n) who stood only a few feet behind me," We just go a bit father to go and we can get to Ganondorf. Can't be long now."

"Good. The sooner this is over with, the better," she huffed, looking around," I can't help but feel like we're going to be jumped again..."  

"Don't worry, I'll protect you if we go," I smiled, pointing to myself.

"Wasn't it (y/n) who usually protects you?" Navi muttered, sitting on my shoulder with crossed arms as I sent her a glare.

"I think I can handle myself, but thanks anyways," (Y/n) smirked, walking pass me and opening the door to the next room. I blinked, quickly following after her before the door shut behind us both.

There wasn't much in the room other than a few paintings and an armor stands that circled the outskirts of the place. It just looked like any other room in a castle.

I walked over to one of the pictures, studying it closely as (Y/n) went to the other side of the room as me. The pictures all showed different stories from the looks. One seemed to show a island in the sky, one a forest that, when I looked closer, was made of grass/flowers, and then the last picture in the room showed an older looking place with a sword in the center along with a creepy eye behind it. Huh.

"The doors locked," I jumped, spinning around to see (Y/n) standing right behind me, tilting her head towards the opposite door from the one we came in.

"So there must be something we have to do to unlock then," I sighed, looking around the room for some kind of puzzle to complete or something.

"See anything?" (Y/n) asked, walking around the room and even studying the pictures to try and find someway out.

"No..." I turned, my eyes going wide as I looked over to her.

She was walking right pass one of the armor stands as the sword of the knight armor raised over its head and was getting ready to hit her.

"(Y/N)!" I ran forward, running into her and pushing her out of the way as we both fell, the sword nearly missing us. When I opened my eyes again, I looked down to see (Y/n) under me, both of us blushing," a-ah, sorry!"

I got of of her as she sat up, looking behind me at the knight armor as it came off its stand, facing us with glowing red eyes," killing this thing must be out way out, huh?"

"Yeah," I stood, offering (Y/n) a hand as she took it. I pulled her up, both of us drawing out swords and facing the knight as it walked towards us in a slow pace. 

I ran forward, the knight swinging at me as I moved to the side, watching as it hit the ground. (Y/n) ran forward next, the knight look up just as she jumped into the air, being her sword up and hitting the knight's head. It stumbled back a bit from the blow as I swung my sword lower, slashing the knights legs as it fell on its back. Its glowing eyes slowly went out as it didn't move again, turning into normal knight armor that wasn't possessed.  

"You guys did it! There's nothing you can't do when your together~!" Navi cheered, flying around our heads as we both laughed.

"Honestly, after all we've been threw, that was easy," I looked to (Y/n) as she nodded in agreement.

"No kidding. We're on our way to fight Ganondorf, this was nothing compared to him," she smiled, walking to the door of the room. She twisted the door knob, opening the door as defeating the shadow knight was the key to unlocking it.

There was no room afterwards as it only lead us to a stair case. I smiled, looking back to (Y/n)," Ganondorf must be at the top. Come on!"

I hurried up the stairs, looking back every now and again to make sure (Y/n) was still behind me, which, she still was. After what happened in the shadow temple, I want to be more careful since this is Ganondorf's castle now. I really don't want to lose her in here.

"Link..." I stopped at the top of the stairs, looking back to (Y/n) as she got up the last step and pointed to the final door," that must be where Ganondorf is-"

"It must. This is it, we can finally save Hyrule and Zelda," I took a step towards the door before I was stopped by (Y/n). She took my hand as I turned to look at her once more, frowning," what's wrong?"

"There's one more thing I want to do before we fight Ganondorf. You still have the ocarina of time, right?" she asked as I nodded, taking out the ocarina and holding it in front of me with a smile.

"Of course~"

"Good...I want to teach you a song so listen carefully. It's the song I always sing so you've heard it before," I nodded, remembering the song she had sung multiple times before hand," I want you to play it with me; on the ocarina. Do you think you can do it or is it too big of a challenge of the hero of time."

"I can do it," I put the ocarina to my mouth, smiling as I was ready to prove I could do it," I'm ready when you are~"

She smiled, taking out her harp and hitting the strings while she closed her eyes, playing the melody as I listened. After a moment, I caught on to it, playing it along with her as I closed my own eyes. After few moments of playing the melody, she began to sing.

"Lets go in the garden...You'll find something waiting, right there where you left it lying upside down..." she sung, her voice echoing around us and filling my ears.

"And when you finally find it, you'll see how its faded, the underside is lighter when you turn it around," I opened my eyes, smiling at her as I played along. She sung like a goddess, that's for sure.

"Everything stays, right where you left it. Everything stays, but it still changes. Ever so slightly...daily and nightly...in little ways, when everything stays," she opened her eyes, a flash of sadness flashing in them before she looked up, meeting my eyes as I froze," there..."

"If you scared, you don't have to come with me you know. You can stay and I can fight him," I offered as I saw the hint of sadness and worry in her eyes, putting the ocarina away and stepping forward as she quickly shook her head.

"Ha! Me get scared? That's funny, Link. Now come on, we got a job to do. Hyrule won't save itself," she smiled at me, wrapping her arms around me and bring me close as I stood there, slowly wrapping my arms around her.

"...Alright..." I whispered, closing my eyes and enjoying the hug before she broke away, walking over to the door and looking back at me.

"You ready?" She asked as I walked to her side with a small smile.

"Ready."

"Ready!" Navi cheered as we both looked to her, laughing a bit before nodding at one another, opening the doors to the throne room...