|| Chapter 22 || The Fort Of Only Women

(No one's P.O.V)

The group headed through the Gerudo Valley, trying to get to the desert since going through Gerudo Valley was the only known way. 

Once again, both (Y/n) and Link were pretty quiet, not speaking much to each other at all. Navi found it a bit weird yet being Navi she never questioned it as she only flew ahead to see what was in store for them all. Link noticed that (Y/n) seemed to have a rather interest in the place, looking around with amazement in her eyes as if it was the best place they had been to so far.

"Hey (Y/n), what do you think of this place?" Link finally asked, smiling a bit as he looked back at her. 

"Mm...its...nice..." she shrugged but Link could tell she found it more than 'nice' but he didn't say anything about it.

"HEY GUYS!" Navi came flying back, flying in front of Link's face," There's some kinda fort up ahead and a bunch of girls around it! But if you go pass it there is a path to the desert!"

"Huh. Well, looks like we'll be going that way," Link smiled, looking back to see if (Y/n) had anything to say about it but she just nodded, resting her head on his shoulder with a small 'sure'. 

They went a bit farther until Link stopped Epona, hoping off of her and looking to (y/n), reaching a hand out to her," I don't think we should bring Epona to the desert area, I don't want her to get loss over that way. We'd never find her then."

"That's fine," she took his hand, jumping off Epona as he caught her, carefully setting her down on the ground.

"Let be going then," he nodded, turning and walking towards were the gates where until (y/n) grabbed his hand, stopping him as he looked back to her.

"We have to be quiet. Gerudo's are guarding the area and we don't want to be caught," she whispered as Link looked to the fort away's away from them, nodding.

"We can sneak pass and get to the gates. It can't be that hard," he began to walk again, (Y/n) sighing and following.

The two walked to where a few boulders where, looking over the top where a few Gerudo's stood, watching the area. Link looked around, smiling then looking to (y/n)," we can run over there when their backs are turned. Come on."

"Wait-" (Y/n) went to grab his shoulder but he hurried off, ignoring her. 

Link ran towards the other group of boulders with Navi following him, hoping to make it without them being caught but if they were to listen to (Y/n), they would have learned that there may or may not have been a crow perched on one of the dead trees, looking around the place for whatever crows look for. It turned its head, seeing Link and letting out a screech, causing Link to flinch and the Gerudo's to turn, glaring at him.

"Stop!" They yelled as Link's eyes went wide. The Gerudo's got close to him as he thought about whether he should fight or run for it, or even just stand there like he was.

"What are you doing here?! This is are territory, you brat," one roared as the other nodded.

"I...um..."

"We didn't come to be any trouble to you. We swear. We only came to get to the Spirit Temple," (Y/n) walked up behind the two as they spun around, pointing their spears at her now as she only stood there, not even fazed by any of it.

"Great, there's more of you!" The same Gerudo growled.

"As if we'd let you go there!" the other snapped.

"Hold on," a older sounding voice came as they all looked up. An older Gerudo woman walked up to them, holding her hands behind her back as she approached," you must not go yelling at everyone you meet. You must listen to what they have to say and how they reason."

"B-But elder-" one wined as the elder woman shook her head.

"No. I would like to speak to these two. Come children, this way," she gestured for (Y/n) and Link to follow. 

(Y/n) followed quickly as Link sighed in relief, following as he quickly ran pass the other two Gerudo's. They followed the elder into the fort, standing in the entrance as she sat down, looking to the two," come, don't be afraid to sit."

"Thank you for your help," (Y/n) sat down next to the woman, dipping her head as she nodded.

"Yes, of course. But I must ask, what are you doing here?" she asked, looking worriedly to (y/n) alone, seeming to ignore Link as he sat in front of them, listening.

"We have come to find a sage. We need to save them so we can save Hyrule from the evil Lord Ganondorf," she explained as the Gerudo elder nodded.

"Ah...I had a feeling the hero of time would come but never you. It is only his job to get the sages so why have you tagged along?" She asked, titling her head as (Y/n) looked down.

"He is my friend. I wished to help him on his journey to save this land," (y/n) replied quietly.

"I see. I am sorry for those two outside, they are new guards. We've been having much trouble since Ganondorf has become ruler for many come here seeking shelter. When I came out to see what all the nonsense was about and saw you, I questioned why you'd even come here, then I saw this boy and knew you had let you heart lead you here by following him, is that correct?" 

She asked as (Y/n) nodded. The elder dipped her head, looking to Link," you both may go to the Temple of Spirits to retrieve the sage. I will tell the guards to let you though without problem."

"Thank you, ma'am," Link smiled as the lady nodded.

"Your very welcome."

"Link, if it isn't trouble...may I stay here why you go though the dungeon?" (Y/n) asked, bowing her head as Link looked to her, surprised. Her bangs fell in front of her face, blocking her eyes from his sight as she spoke," I...I'm too tried to go so I would like to stay and hope it would be alright for me to get rest....only if your okay going on your own."

"O-Of course. I can save the sage and come back for you~" Link smiled brightly, nodding his head as (Y/n) smiled, leaning over and kissing his cheek.

"Thank you. I will wait here and rest. Good luck."  

"Alight. I'll go right now. I'll be back before you know it. Goodbye (y/n) and thank you, ma'am!" Link stood up, waving to the two as they both dipped their heads.

Once he was gone, the Gerudo elder looked to (Y/n), smiling kindly," you sure you'd rather stay here with us?"

"Just for now, yes. I would like it very much if I could."

"Your always welcome here, dear. You always have been."