Part 13

Dimitri's POV

First goal. Make sure the Moroi and our kid were safe.

Rose and I took the lead while Jeanine and Eddie took the rear. Rose gave us handguns while Vasilisa and Adrian compelled the kids to sleep.

The shots ceased but we couldn't look back. We didn't have the time.

Boom!

The blast of an explosion threw all of us to the ground forcing us to look back - the house or what was left of it, was on fire.

Christian then threw a fireball towards the side of the house, striking a human. Humans, attacking us?

"Ah...I see you've mastered your powers Christian." That voice, sadly I'll know it anywhere. She was my best friend.

"Aunt Tasha." Christian said, sadness and disappointment laced in his voice.

By now, Roza had given Matty to Abe, and had pushed all the Moroi towards the back; Eddie, Jeanine and I making a curtain in front of them and as much as it killed me, Roza stood in front of Christian.

"Oh look, the bloodwhore still knows her place." Tasha looked at Rose, giving her an evil smirk.

"What do you want Tasha?" Roza demanded.

"You've stolen EVERYTHING from me!" She was pissed.

We had nowhere to go, behind us the house was burning while in front of us there were humans with guns and a pissed off fire-user.

"Aunt Tasha, why are you doing this?" Christian asked as he tried to get past Rose but she wouldn't let him.

"You dare to ask!" She gave a weak, mocking laugh. "Here you are with that disgraceful princess and her bloodwhore friend while I worry sick for you!"

"Tasha..."

"No Christian! You are an ungreatful bastard! Look at me! I am forever scarred because I saved you from your own parents! Dimitri won't love me because of it! No men will ever love me because of it! And you forget about me! Leaving me for them!" She pointed at Vasilisa carrying Lexi.

I don't know if it was an accident or if she actually meant to hurt them, but a fireball of the size of a beach ball flew out of her palm towards them.

Roza tried to get in front of it as the rest of us Dhampirs did but it got past us. We look over, expecting the worst only nothing happen. The fireball had disappeared.

Adrian soon collapsed, it seemed he had used some type of shield created with Spirit.

Tasha's faced was torn. She didn't mean to do so. Christian in the other hand didn't believe her.

"You tried to kill my family!" Anger raged on him and his palms lit up in fire.

"Christian! She couldn't control it!" Rose yelled at him, grabbing his hands as she did.

She didn't show it but I knew the pain had to be unbearable. I could smell her flesh burning.

"Its all your fault!" Tasha yelled at Rose.

What happen next seemed all slow motion yet fast forward. Tasha launched herself towards Rose, just as her men went for us Dhampirs. Two for Eddie, two for Jeanine and two for me.

The problem for them was, they were humans and we, we were Guardians. They didn't go down without a fight though.

When we were done, the scene before us was unbelievable.

Tasha had Rose pinned down, fiery hands holding down her wrists. Rose kept trying to get her off but not only did Tasha had the advantage of her fire but she was a trained fighter and before any of us could take a step towards her, Christian drove a stake through Tasha's heart.

*Hello everyone! Well, here is a little something, hope you all enjoy!

Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts on it.

(Besides the point, I am curious. Wherever you are from, tell me, how is the weather? Where I am, currently is 92°F and it's late evening. 😰