Part 27

Christian's P.o.V.

For a moment, I didn't know what to do. I wasn't strong enough to carry her. There was no way I was going to leave her alone, while I ran back to get help. Not to mention, she didn't have enough time.

I had to do something, and fast.

Knowing she will understand once this was all over, I leaned in to her neck, licking and sucking the blood that had already pool by her neck. It wasn't a proper meal, but it was enough to be able to carry her back. I took off my shirt, ripping a part of it, and tighting it around her neck, just enough to lessen the bleeding but not too much to strangle her.

I picked her up in my arms, and I took off as fast as my Moroi legs would take me.

"Rose," I called out to her, "Stay with me Rose, we are almost there."

I hoped that they were fine back home, and Lissa or Adrian was capable of healing her.

As I got closer to home, I could hear Dimitri's voice, fighting and arguing with others. "Dimitri is right, we have to go." I could hear my lovely wife's voice. My best guess was that they wanted to go for us. And as instructed by Rose, they shouldn't leave the safety of the wards, since by now, I should guess are up again.

"Christian!" Lissa screamed the moment I appeared through the trees. Dimitri and her rushed to my side, and Dimitri getting to my side first, took Rose in his arms.

"No, no, no," Dimitri said in a pained, sad tone, "Do something!" He pleaded with Lissa. But he didn't have to ask, she was already placing her hands by her throat, working her magic.

**

Dimitri's P.o.V.

It had been five days since the evil creatures of the night had attacked us. Today is the service and funeral for those who had fallen, but in all honesty, I didn't want to go.

Not only because of my career, but what I am, has always been surrounded by death. Either I kill those who are supposed to be dead, or they kill my fellow Dhampir or Moroi friends. I've been prepared for it.

But this time, it was different. I had lost someone close to me. Someone that not only did I care for, but had influenced me to be the man I am today. And I had failed to protect her.

"It's time," Vasilisa interrupted my painful thoughts. I didn't realize I had been crying, until she touched my tears away. "Dimitri," she started. I knew she felt guilty, for not being able to get to her on time, but I didn't blame her. She was only capable of saving a few people at the time, and I understood that; it was more than enough. "You don't have too," I managed to say, but she shook her head 'no', "No, but I need too."

"I am sorry I was not able to heal her, I truly am. I tried, but it was too late. She was gone. If I were to bring her back, it would've been a curse on all of us."

I stood from the edge of the bed where I was sitting and walked towards her. "I know, and it's okay," pulling her to me, into a hug, "I don't blame you." 

She cried for a few moments on my shoulder. I knew the darkness within her was a big part of her break downs, especially since she didn't have someone to share it with.

After a few minutes, she finally steady herself, and let go of me. She gave me a weak smile, before turning to leave the room.

I know death is supposed to happen, and from what I've seen, its better than turning into one of the Strigoi. But it was hard to accept for those who were still living. It was hard seeing the body of someone you loved, lifeless and get buried.

They say time heals, and maybe it does. But as of now, my heart aches as if someone was crushing it inside of me. She was not supposed to died this way. She left the Moroi and Dhampir life behind to be able to live a normal life. She was supposed to die of old age, in her sleep.

I took a deep breath, and as I let it out, I decided to let out the sadness. I decided to focus on the people still with me. For them. For her.

"I will see you soon Roza," I whsipered before exiting the bedroom.

*Okay, so it's short. But at least it's within the week (I think). So what do you all think? Let me know on the comments and don't forget to vote. Just a few more chapter before the end. It will be more of a glimpse of their "happy" ending.

P.S. Don't lose hope. Not everything is at it seems.