Part 25

I know, I know. Summer is almost over, and I'm barely updating. But I'll be honest, I couldn't get myself back on track. I've found myself with a little problem, what is it called...writer's block?

Anyways, slowly, after taking some time to read, and find my writer-self back again, I've been able to write a few words. I know, it is not much, but I hope you enjoy them. I hope to update soon, and to be honest, I feel like the ending to this story is coming soon. We'll see. Enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment! Let me know what would you like to see next.  

Rose's POV

The ceremony, the reception, it all had been beautiful. A dream, I never had, let alone expected to come true. I sat, at the head of the table, in front of all our guests, next to my beloved husband, when I saw it. Him. He lifted his hand, and with his finger, signaled me the wards.

My breathing became quicker. No! It was too good to be true. If he got in. Strigoi could get in. I quickly looked up, at the sky, noticing that the sun was setting, probably in less than ten minutes. I glanced at him, and he nodded, affirming the conclusion I had made. Once again, Mason had warned me of Strigoi.

How could I break the spell of happiness from my closest friends, and let them know we were about to be under attack? I raised from my chair, with my champagne glass in hand. "If I may have your attention," I started. I didn't know where I was going with it all, but I had to do something quick, without going into panic mode. "I will like to invite all of you to our basement, where I have prepared a surprise for my beloved husband."

Our guests all "ooh-ing" and "aah-ing" stood up and followed a guard I send to guide them. As we were all taught from childhood. Moroi first, aside from the leading guardian. I, however, pulled Christian aside, and Dimitri followed.

"What's wrong?" both men asked me, "I know there is no surprise in the basement," confirmed Christian.

"I saw him." I explained to them, "Mason." Although I had expected for Dimitri to catch on first, it was Christian who got it right away.

"Go change. Dimitri and I will let people know and gather weapons." He looked up at the sky, "Quickly."

**

I couldn't help the tears that ran down my face as I exited the bedroom. On what should be the most important day of a woman's life, has been ruined by my real-half-vampire-life. I was not much of one to pray, but on my way to meet the others, I did. I asked him to let us - each person, either fighting or hiding in the basement, survive, and not as one of the Strigoi.

Dimitri wrapped his arms around me the moment I got there, kissing me as it was the last time he would. And for all we knew, it could be. But sadly, we couldn't take longer than five seconds, we had an attack to prevent. A few Moroi had gone to reinforce the wards with Dhampirs protecting them, but we didn't have much time, and we didn't know which one was the one damaged.

I had a gun and a stake right next to each other on each side of my belt. Not to mention, another gun in my hand, and a few more weapons around my body. We all spread out in groups. Eddie, Christian, Dimitri and I forming one of the groups.

We jogged to the entrance of the estate, right in the middle, with two more groups on the left and another on the right. Others to the sides and back area.

And just as we got into position, we saw them, about a mile away running at full speed, closing that mile within seconds, about a hundred of Strigoi, coming right to us.

We were outnumbered, but we had new and unexpected equipment, and before they were half way, we threw silver grenades, before aiming with our guns for their hearts.