Part 19

Rose's POV

Meeting Dimitri's family was beyond expected. They had been extremely confused at the arrival of the trucks, but once Dimitri stepped down, their faces had been filled with joy.

They all welcomed us with excitement and although they were a little bit nervous of having Abe in the house, they extended their hospitality to him.

The moment Dimitri's mom laid eyes on Matty, she gasped. She rushed to my side, "May I?" she said, extending her arms to Matty.

I nodded, being completely caught off guard.

"Oh Dimitri!" she said with tears in her eyes, "I can't believe it!"

Dimitri's sisters had confused expressions on their faces as my friends.

**

"Okay...So you were able to get another Dhampir pregnant?" asked Victoria- Dimitri's younger sister.

"But how is that possible?" asked his other sister, Sonya.

"We think it has something to do with her being shadow-kissed." Suggested Dimitri. We had never really done research on it, but Lissa, Christian and I had come to that conclusion.

"Shadow-kissed?" asked Olena.

"Yes," said Dimitri, "Rose...she," Dimitri couldn't say the words out loud, and neither could anyone else who knew.

"I died." I said. "Four years ago, I died in a car accident that also killed Lissa's parents." All eyes shifted to Lissa, who now was looking at me with tears in her eyes.

"You died?!" Victoria asked with disbelieve.

"Yes." I took in a deep breath. "We didn't know it at the time, but Lissa is a Spirit user."

"It awaken at that moment, when she saw me...dead. She brought me back, and now I am linked to her."

"Linked?" asked Paul.

"Okay! Enough questions for now," said Dimitri, followed by long moment of silence.

"Okay, who's hungry?" at last asked Olena.

**Okay, so here is another part. I know it's short but it's been taking me a while to get back in the writing mode. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy it. Don't forget to vote and comment! **