Part 30 - The End.

Adrian's P.o.V.

Rose and I had locked ourselves in a room, attempting to control our new bond. It was different from what she had with Vasilisa. Unlike Vasilisa, I too can see through Rose's eyes, and feel what she feels. The bond is now open to both parties. 

The day I healed Rose, as I was walking back to my bedroom I saw my first vision through her eyes. I felt the pull so hard, I fell. She was hugging Matty, and although she was not saying it, I could still hear it loud and clear in my head. She died, and if it wasn't for me, Matty would be motherless. 

I panicked. I didn't know how to pull out of her head, and so with the help of Sydney, I had to go back to Rose's side, and ask her to help me get out. Or for her to push me out.  

**

Rose's P.o.V.

It had been a month since Adrian brought me back. A month of us being bonded. 

It was a different type of bond. Unlike Lissa, Adrian too could sense my emotions, feel what I felt, read each others minds, and go through all the thoughts I ever had. It was not something I ever experienced with Lissa, and it is yet another mystery to being shadow-kissed. Maybe it was the fact that I almost vanished for good. He had to dig deeper, which made our bond stronger. We didn't know. All we had were theories. 

It was very hard being with our partners. For this past month, we have not been able to do more than simple kissing. Nothing to exciting, or it would open the door to the mind of the other. It was weird having a man inside my head, reading, feeling all I've ever gone through. Because for an unexplained reason, all the memories I had, or he had, had all rushed out. 

The other day, we were all sitting outside, enjoying the chilly weather. A memory popped up on Adrian's mind, triggering one of my own. I witness how he truly saw me the night we met. How for the first time in his life, he had felt something other than sexual attraction for a woman. The feeling was so foreign to him, that he tried to play it cool, but it scared him. For the first time in my life, I blushed.

It was not easy for Dimitri or Sydney. Watching us share moments like that, without feeling threatened. But there was something they couldn't understand, that yes, our memories were reborn, but so did the ones we shared with them. Adrian witness the moment I fell in love with Dimitri. The moment he told me he loved me too. The cabin. It was not something I would willingly allow him to see, or I would've wanted to see him with Sydney. But it was something new we couldn't control.

But slowly, we will.

My life has never been easy, and it will never be. I am a Dhampir. Half human, half vampire. I am unable to control the enemies that come my way. But I can be prepared. I, as my fellow Dhampirs and fighting Moroi, continue our training. Dimitri and I, as the rest of our big family, continue with our lives, always prepared but yet living our lives to the fullest. 

**

Rose's POV

Life was good. It was not easy, but who said it had to be. We were not regular people, and therefore, our problems were not the same. Yet, we had managed to lead a healthy, and happy life. 

After the attack on our wedding day, two years ago, more Strigoi had tried to come for our son. We've managed to fight them off without causalities, but it doesn't mean we have grown confident. We are aware that the Strigoi keep on strategizing, attempting to get the one person that will break them free from the darkness. However, we were a growing community of Dhampirs. Word had spread, and more were coming to Baia. It was a Dhampir heaven, yet it went against all the rules set for us by the Court.  

In my lifetimes, I had now been bonded to two important Royal Moroi. One being the beloved nephew of the Queen. He was now married to a human, an Alchemist at that. They too faced a troublesome path when her people found out about them. But as much as they tried to get her, Baia was too protected. Not even the Queen could come in without special permission. We no longer protected just our land, but the entire town. 

Adrian and Sydney were a happy couple, with their own child on their way. Adrian had started to train as well. He had never been one to join the fight, but our bond made it hard for him to stay away from me when in trouble. Now, I fought with a fire user, and a Spirit user by my side. 

Eddie and Mia had just recently gotten engaged. Mia couldn't wait to start a family. The Court could never offer what Baia was offering them...us. The freedom of being in an open relationship with whomever, regardless of title, or race. Dhampirs were allowed to earn more money, run  their own business. Not to mention, Moroi were fighting along side us Dhampirs. 

Lissa and Christian were expecting their second child - a boy. 

As for Dimitri and I, we had decided that it was time to try for our second baby. After the wedding, we had become the new parents of Paul and Zoya. It had been a tough adjustment - still was, but it was also time to give Dimitri what he missed with Matty. We knew it was not a guarantee for us to have a second child, mainly for the first had been a miracle, but also since I died. Again. We also knew that another child, would mean a higher threat. But I had a great family, and friends. Who have given us their blessing. Yes, we consider every single one of our friends, asking for their opinion on the matter. 

I don't know what the future has in store for us, but we will live our lives to the fullest, and always be prepared for when the Strigoi come to us again.

Okay, sooo, I know I am way overdue. However, here is the last chapter to Running from the Impossible. Thank you all so much for reading, voting, and commenting. 

Let me know what you think of the ending. If you didn't like it, let me know what you would like. A new ending? More to the story? A sequel? Share your thoughts with me, and I will try to comply with your requests. 

Once again, thank you so much to each and one of you who have read my short story.

With love, 

BookLoverGirl94