Part 20

Dimitri's POV

"Rose?" I whispered to her ear.

The moment I left the academy to guard Tasha, I felt empty. I knew my heart was staying behind; in the hands of a very smart, brave, and beautiful woman. Every day after felt like I was sleepwalking. During the day, as I would guard Tasha, I would think of Rose. The memory of our first and last time together in that cabin would haunt me. It would take all my will power to not go back and steal her away. Every night though, my mind would turn to a dark path. I would dream of her, leaving and not wanting to ever talk to me again. I'd wake up, breathless, agitated, and with an aching heart.

Only one night, did I dream of that night at the cabin. I didn't want to wake up, even though I knew it was all a dream. Sadly, Alberta's call woke me up and all my previews nightmares became true. Rose was gone.

"Dimitri?" A concerned Rose came into view.

"Yes?" I asked in a barely audible whisper.

"Hey, what' wrong?" she caressed my face.

"Nothing," I said. I glance around, gathering my thought and remembering what I had come for in the first place.

I smiled at her, "How fast can you get ready?"

She looked at me curiously, and I didn't blame her, I had lost myself to my dark thoughts. "Um, thirty minutes?" she said sheepishly. "Okay."

"Where are we going?" she asked, as she made her way to my old dresser.

"It's a surprise." I said.

She turned to look at me and attempted to raise her eyebrow in a questioning way. Laughing, I managed to wink at her.

"Comrade...how am I supposed to know what to wear?" she asked a little bit frustrated. I chuckled, getting up from the bed and walking out of the room.

"Dimitri! This is not funny!" I heard her say just before I closed the door.

**

Forty-five minutes later, and Rose walked out the door. I had been sitting outside on the porch, enjoying the peaceful winter night.

"Comrade, what is so important that I had to be ready at midnight?" she asked.

"Come on, you'll see." I grabbed her hand, pulling her towards the truck.

I knew it was dangerous to be out so late, but we've been so busy lately, that I didn't see a better time to do so.

**

"Are we even close?" asked Rose. "Almost."

I saw the entrance to the road I had to take and my hands started to sweat.

**

Rose's POV

Dimitri was acting weird, yet a part of me felt excited. It had been a while since we had spent time together, just the two of us. And to be honest, I kind of hoped for a lost cabin in the woods, where we can just make love all night long. Since we arrived at Baia, we hadn't been able to get intimate. Not only did our son shared a room with us, but only four walls and a door separated us from our families.

After a while, we came to a stop. Ironically, a cabin was right in front of us.

**

Dimitri's POV

I was glad we had made it to the cabin without any Strigoi encounters, and thankful to Abe for securing the place with wards.

Rose had been extremely quiet, and that made me nervous.

I unlocked the door, but before I could open the door, I had to make sure she couldn't see. I pulled out a blindfold from my pocket, and without fight, Rose let me tie it around her eyes.

I had to admit, Rose was being too cooperative, and that made me ten time more nervous.

I took in a deep breath and open the door, guiding her in.

**Let me know what you think! 😊