Part 21

Rose's POV

I woke up to the smell of coffee, and delicious bacon. To be a winter morning, the cabin was warmer than expected. I shifted to a sitting position on the bed, admiring the sight of Dimitri cooking wearing only his boxers. I also noticed that Dimitri had started the fire in the fireplace.

I looked around for something to wear, expecting all our clothes scattered, but it was all properly folded on the chair besides the bed. I grabbed Dimitri's sweater and pulled it over my head, covering not just my torso but my butt as well. One of the benefits of Dimitri being so tall.

I made my way to where he was cooking, and wrapped my hands around his waist. "Good morning Comrade," I said placing a kiss on his back. "Good morning..." he turned around grabbing me by the waist, "fiancé."

I sighed happily, supporting my chin as I looked up at him in his chest. "I love you."

**

"Were they all on it?" I asked as he drove back to town. We were gone for the whole night and almost the entire morning, and I had no messages or missed calls on my phone. Also, no mental messages from Lissa. "Yes," Dimitri replied.

I squinted my eyes at him, "How were you all able to hide this from me?" We were all staying in the same house for Christ sake.

"Well..." he started, "You have been pretty busy with Abe looking for houses."

True, Abe and I had been looking for a house big enough or at least two houses for sale close to each other, but it was a small town that didn't offer many options.

"Wait!" I yelled, "he has been keeping me busy..."

We had agreed that Dimitri was best to help Abe since he knew the town. But after two days, Abe had asked me to come instead, for it was going to be my house. I had argued and argued, but Dimitri had convinced me, saying he was a little bit intimidated by Abe.

"Oh, my God! I..." I didn't know how to react. Part of me felt betrayed, but at the same time I was proud they had managed to keep it all from me.

I sighed, deciding to see the good of it all.

**

I know it's short, but it has been a while and I needed to get back in the zone...Nonetheless I hope you enjoyed it.

I hopefully will be writing more now that school is over, and maybe I'll get to finish the story.

Q: Has anyone read the new stories by Richelle Mead on the 10th anniversary edition of Vampire Academy?

If you have, what do you think? Which one was your favorite story?