Part 18

**To those who still read my short story**

I know! It's been a long time since I've posted, but school has kept me pretty busy. Nonetheless, here is a small part. Enjoy!

Dimitri's POV

"Will they like me?" Rose asked me for what felt like a millionth time. "Yes! What's not to love?" I assured her, kissing her forehead. Matthew was asleep in his car seat. It has been a long trip, so Abe, Jeanine and Sydney were asleep too. Lissa, Lexi, Christian, Adrian and Eddie were all on the SUV in front of us. In front of them was another SUV filled with Abe's men.

We were driving to Baia, my hometown.

After the attack at the airport and the new information, it was better to change, once again, our location. Baia had been off the list since Tasha knew about it. And although there is the possibility that she told her Strigoi friends; is a town filled with Dhampirs , I doubt they come even close.

We found out that the Strigoi were helping Tasha with the goal of getting Matthew. Somehow, Tasha convinced them that the blood of a Dhampir born of two Dhampirs, would allow them to come out during the day.

Sydney has make it her priority to test out the possibility. The Strigoi that Rose torture in the airport will be her lab rat.

A weird feeling came upon me along with a shiver down my spine. The thought of Strigoi being able to come out during the day would make our lives so much harder. The day was our only hope against them. Not to mention, what if it makes them stronger and impossible to kill?

**

          My mother and sisters rushed outside the house when the three all-black SUV's parked in front of my childhood home. Abe surely like to travel like the typical mobster. It has been so long since I've seen them or talk to them that I didn't realize that even my younger sister had a child of her own. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed but in a way, it was expected.

Abe's men were the first to get off, quickly checking the perimeter. I decided to go next, to ease my family's anxieties.

"Ready?" I asked Rose. "Ready." She smiled at me, with Matthew already in her arms.