3. Shopping Trip

Edited

Lillie

"Lillie! Wake up, we're gonna leave in about an hour and a half!" Tyler told me. I groaned, not knowing what time it was but not wanting to get up. But, I reluctantly got out of bed and dragged myself into the shower.

After my warm shower, I blow dried my hair and got dressed. I dressed in a black and white striped top and black, ripped skinny jeans. Oh, and my converse of course. (outfit above)

Then I brushed my teeth, grabbed my phone and threw a beanie on and we all got into the car.

***

"What store do you want to go into first?" Josh asked me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't care," I replied.

"Okay, what do you want to shop for first?" Tyler asked me.

"I don't care," I replied to him.

I saw Rue 21 out the window and pointed to it.

"Could we go to Rue 21?!" I exclaimed. They chuckled and nodded.

We walked inside and I took a deep breath.

"Okay, we're gonna go look around. You just find anything you want and come back to us when you're done," Josh told me. "Also, a minimum of three things." I nodded and we split ways.

First, I looked at the clothes. These were all cute clothes, but none of them were really my style. I found a black pleather skirt that I liked, so I put it in the basket.

After searching for a little longer, my basket contained the skirt, a long sleeved black shirt, and a pair of plain black jeans. Just to make sure they fit, I went to ask for a dressing room.

I stood off to the side a little, waiting for one to notice me. I didn't want to interrupt their conversation, even though it was a part of their job to help me. After a little while a guy noticed, thankfully.

"Hey, what can I do for ya?" He asked. He seemed really nice.

"Could I get a dressing room?" I asked and he nodded. He let me into the 'rockstar' one and I thanked him as he walked off.

Okay, shirts first. I put the black shirt with the jeans just to see if they worked. Not quite together but I liked them seperately; and I could make a lot of outfits with them. Now to try the skirt on.

Once the skirt was on I really liked it, but my eyes travelled down to my legs. The dark red scars stood out against my pale legs.

One, two three. . . forty-seven, forty-eight. I stopped counting, as tears that formed around thirty were starting to fall. I sniffled and quickly changed out of the skirt and back into my jeans that were crumpled on the floor. After putting everything back on it's hangers, I cleaned myself up a bit. Waved my face until my eyes were dry and my cheeks weren't as red.

I put the skirt on the outside hanger for the unwanted. I should be there. And walked out to the guys.

Josh looked through my basket to see all I got.

"Okay, a nice start. Any makeup, accessories, or shoes?" I thought for a second.

"Could I go look at the makeup?" I asked. I know they literally just mentioned the makeup but I wanted to be sure.

"Of course," Tyler said. They shooed me off and I went to the makeup cart.

The first thing I grabbed was a black eyeliner pencil and then black mascara, the necessities. I looked around for a little while, but that's about all I wear. My eyebrows are naturally filled, so I don't worry about filling them in at all.