21. They'll Find Me, Right?

Lillie

"Let me go!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Shut up!" The man yelled and slapped me.

I kept yelling at him to let me go, just like I have been for the past hour.

It's been a day, and nobody has come looking for me. I kept wondering if anybody ever will. I hate thinking like that, but I can't help it.

They probably never want to see me again after what happend. I'm being dramatic, I know. But it's a good trait, okay?

"Hey! It's dinner time!" Someone said, tapping my back. It was a voice I'd never heard before, but it was god-like. I turned around and saw a guy about a year older than me, and he was gorgeous.

"Um, miss?" He said. I realized I was staring, and I quickly looked away. He was cute, but he kidnapped me. But he was so cute!!

He handed me a plate of chicken and vegetables. Pretty decent meal I guess. I ate the vegetables but not the meat. I'm a vegetarian, I won't eat the poor chicken!

The same guy who gave me the food came down to get it back.

"Aren't you going to eat the chicken?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I'm vegetarian," I mumbled. His eyes went wide and he was holding back a laugh.

"I'm sorry, but you have to eat it."

"No, I don't. And I won't."

"As long as you're here, you'll be eating meat."

"Then I'll get out."

"No, you won't," He said, grabbing my plate and walking upstairs. I sulked on my mattress, looking around the room for an escape...

(Three months later)

After three months, I finally had a strategy to escape. There were two men who took me. One was 28 and named Joseph, the other was 40 and named Lenny.

They both had jobs. Joseph worked from 8 am to 5 pm. Lenny worked from 5 pm to 12 am. It took them each a half hour to get into town, so Lenny would always leave at 4:30 and Joseph would get home at 5:30. That gave me an hour alone each day during the week.

I'm pretty sure they were using me for ransom money from Josh and Tyler, but I don't know for sure.

They were actually quite nice for kidnappers, but I wanted to go home. They trusted me enough to let me out of the handcuffs since they always had the door to the basement locked, where I was.

Today was a Thursday, so they were each at work. Lenny was obviously late because he was rushing around. He opened the basement door and threw some packaged snacks in and slammed it shut, then I'm assuming he kept getting ready. I didn't hear the basement door being locked, though. Interesting.

So my strategy was to grab a stool and climb on it, then open the window and crawl through it. It was small so I didn't know if I would fit.

I sat for a second to make sure Lenny had left for work. I didn't hear anyone upstairs or outside, so I got up and grabbed a stool. I put it underneath the window and tried to open it. Of course, it was locked. So, I ran up to the basement door and just like I thought, Lenny forgot to lock it. I opened it and saw their house. It was beautiful.

I walked around and grabbed any money I found, and tried to use their house phone but it was turned off. So I climbed out of one of their windows that was unlocked since the front door was locked.

I saw that the house was surrounded by trees. Of course. In the distance, though, I saw a house. I ran to the fence and hopped over, then sprinted to the house.

After knocking a few times, someone opened the door.

"Hi, can I help you?" An old lady asked. She looked at me as if she recognized me.

"Hi, yes, I'm Lillie Dun. I've been missing for almost four months, and I've just escaped from my kidnappers home. I need a phone to call my father," I told her. She gasped.

"Oh my! I've seen you on TV, dear. Come, have a seat. I'll call the police, who will contact your father," she told me. I thanked her and she got on her home phone.

"They will be here soon, dear," the lady said.

"Thank you so much," I told her. I was so happy to finally get home.

Me and the old lady talked for the next few hours, and I realized her name was Linda and she was 78 years old. She has a husband, but he was grocery shopping in Columbus, since apperently they had good food there.

I told her I was from Columbus, and that I lived with my adopted dad and told her my past with my parents. I don't know why I told her this, but I felt comfortable around the old lady. I don't know why, but I did.

1 1/2 hours later

We heard a knock at the door, and Linda got it. It was the police. They took me away from the house and I said goodbye to Linda and got in the police car.

The police drove me to my home and knocked on the door. They hid me behind them so Josh didn't see me, as he didn't know I was found yet.

"Sir?" One officer said.

"Yes, officer?" Josh asked. He sounded tired.

"We have some news about your daughter," the officer said. He sounded sad. Josh looked at him, obviously upset.

"W-what?" He stuttered. The officer suddenly smiled.

"We found her," after he said that I ran up to Josh and gave him a huge hug. He hugged me back obviously and we stayed like that for a few minutes.

"We will come back tomorrow to ask you questions, Ms. Dun," the officer said and he left with his parter. Josh thanked him and brought me inside.

"I was so worried!" He told me.

"I was scared," I said into his shoulder. I broke the hug and sat on the couch

"Okay, tell me what happend." He said once he sat on the couch. I told him that I ran out to the car, but it was locked and some guy blindfolded me, put me in his trunk and started driving. I lied a little and said by the time I realized I had my phone, I ran out of service. Then I told him about the whole escape.

*** (skipping until Tyler, Jenna, and Ruby get there)

"Lillie" Jenna practically screamed. Her and Tyler ran up to me and hugged me, and I hugged them back.

"I'm so happy you're home!" Jenna said.

"Me too," I mumbled. We broke the hug, and I saw a cute little baby.

"Hi Ruby. We havent properly met yet," I said and she gave me a cute little smile. I hugged her, even though she doesnt really know me.

"Okay, Lillie, you are no longer allowed to leave the house without one of us with you, got it?" Josh said. I laughed.

"Got it," I said. "Now, can everything go back to normal? I wanna dye my hair.. again.." I told them.

"Lillie, you can't just-" Josh started. Then he looked at me and sighed. "Yeah.. what color?" He asked and laughed.

"Yay!" I squealed. "And blue."

"Sure," He said. "I'll go get the hair dye." And him, and Tyler went to the store to buy hair dye and groceries. Jenna went to the bathroom.

I said down and watched cartoons with Ruby for a little while until Jenna came back and we talked about the whole thing and what I've missed the past few months.