15. Happy Birthday!

Lillie

So, it's been 3 months since Emma and I got together. Since we were best friends, nobody thought anything of us hanging out more. But Josh and Melanie broke up after Melanie got pregnant but had a miscarriage. Josh was super upset about it for a few weeks but got over it eventually.

"Okay Lillie, careful, we're going on stairs," Emma told me. She currently had her hands over my eyes and she was guiding me somewhere.

"And open your eyes!" She exclaimed as she threw her hands in the air. I opened my eyes to a cake slice and streamers around my bedroom, along with two forks.

"Where is everybody?" I asked, a little upset.

"They're getting your birthday present. Until then, you and I can have some cake," She said smiling. I smiled back.

We sat down on my couch and each grabbed a fork, eating the cheesecake.

"Wanna put something on?" I asked her. She nodded her head and grabbed the remote.

"What do you wanna watch?" She asked me. I shrugged.

"I don't really care. You choose," I told her. She playfully glared and me and shook her head.

"It's YOUR birthday. A day in which your universe rotates around you!" Emma exclaimed happily. I rolled my eyes at her.

"YOU need to go back to science class," I stated. I grabbed the remote and switched it to Spongebob because everyone loves Spongebob.

****

After watching Spongebob for I think an hour, we heard the door get thrown open from downstairs and people talking.

"Should we go downstairs?" Emma asked, not looking away from the TV.

"Nah.. we'll come when they call us down," I replied, looking at her. She didn't notice me staring until a few moments afterward, but when she did she smiled and blushed.

When she looked down and blushed I grabbed her chin and pulled her head up gently, moving my lips to hers slowly. She did the same, and we stayed there for a while.

"Girls! Come downstairs for a second!" Tyler called. We pulled away, but before we left the room I gave her a quick peck on the cheek and ran downstairs.

Emma followed quickly behind me as we entered the kitchen. 

"Surpriiiiiseeeee!" They all yelled, kind of hurting my ears.

"Yayyy!! What kind of cake did you buy?" Emma said, making us all laugh. She laughed too, but then said, "No seriously, what kind of cake."

****

"Wake up, Lillie!" I heard two voices say. I stretched and opened my eyes to see Tyler and Josh holding food on a tray and drinks. I sat up in confusion.

"What's this?" I asked slowly.

"It's breakfast in bed! We wanted you to eat good this morning because today we're doing anything you want!" Tyler exclaimed, sounding nervous but excited.

"But we can still get food in town in you want!" Josh said quickly, as if I would get angry at what Tyler said.

"Um.. okay?" I murmured.

"We'll go into town whenever you're ready, and just yell!" Tyler said and they ran out of the room.

"That was weird. But, I don't have to make breakfast, so, I'm fine with it," I told myself.

I ate almost half of the breakfast that the boys made me, and got dressed. 

I got dressed in a black and white striped tee shirt, black skinny jeans, and black and white Adidas. I also put on a light denim jacket, a gold necklace, and put sunglasses on my head.

As I grabbed my phone and wallet, I walked downstairs and saw the boys on the couch. The second they saw me, they jumped up and ran to the front door and pulled it open, gesturing for me to walk through it, which I did.

****

In the mall

"So, are you still hungry?" Tyler asked.

"No, Tyler," I told him.

"Do you want to go into a store?" Josh asked.

"Guys! What's going on? You've been acting strange since I woke up!" I exclaimed. They froze and looked at each other until Josh sighed.

"Look, we'll tell you when we get home, okay?" He sighed. I looked down but nodded.

****

Once we were home, I sat on the couch with the boys, waiting for them to tell me what was going on. 

"Well?" I asked when they weren't saying anything. They looked at each other in hope that one would say something so the other wouldn't have to. Neither of them did.

"Okay... So, you know how we have the next few shows coming up? Since our break between concerts is almost over," Tyler started. I nodded.

"Well.." Josh murmured. "We can't... take you.. with us.." Josh said and winced.

"What?" I whined.

"That's not all. And this is the part you're going to HATE," Tyler said, looking me in the eye. I rolled my eyes as if anything could be worse than that.

"You're going to school this year!" Josh said, trying to sound excited. I raised an eyebrow.

"You think school is worse than not going on tour with you? And I do school every year, online," I said.

"Lillie, we meant public school. We already got you signed up, we just need to go shopping for supplies," Josh told me. 

"This is so not fair! Why can't I just do online school again?" I exclaimed.

"Lillie, this conversation is over," Josh said and went upstairs. When he was out of sight I gave Tyler a pleading look but he shook his head. 

"Sorry, Lillie. But Josh wanted you to have the 'high school experience'," He told me. I raised an eyebrow. 

"For 2 years?" I asked him. He nodded. "Ugh.." I mumbled.

"You'll be fine! But hey, I gotta go. Jenna wants me to pick her up some chocolate cheesecake," Tyler said, about to walk out.

"Wait, is that even a thing?" I asked him. He shrugged. 

"Guess I'll find out!" Later kiddo." He said, giving me a hug. I hugged him back slightly and stomped upstairs.