16. Don't Leave

Lillie

One Week Later

"Josh? What are you doing?" I called out, tired. It was currently 7 in the morning, and Josh was making too much noise.

"Morning," He told me, giving me a quick side hug. "And I'm packing for the tour," He said.

"I thought you packed last night? Did you forget a few things?"

"Well, I kinda unpacked and repacked. 3 times," I shook my head.

"Yeah okay," I told him as I sat on the couch. "Remind me why I can't go again?"

"Lillie, I've told you why four times. I want you to make high school friends and have that experience," he said.

Josh and I sat in silence after that as we waited for Tyler to come pick him up, as they were carpooling to the bus.

"Do I have to stay with Jenna? I can just stay here at the house and go to school!" I tried. I didn't really want to stay with Jenna. I like her, but I'd rather be alone.

"No, Lillie. You're not staying home alone for seven months. Now I told Jenna the rules, so don't try to do anything," He warned, and I put my hands up in defense.

Tyler got here a few minutes later and him and Jenna walked in the door. 

"Later kiddo," Josh said to me, and he hugged me.

I hugged him back and didn't want to let go.  Eventually, I broke the hug and went to hug Tyler. 

"I'll cya in 7 months." He said and broke the hug.

As they drove away, Jenna turned to me. 

"So.. what do you want to do?" She asked cheerfully.

"Sleep. It's only 7:30," I said, heading back upstairs.

"Right.." I heard her mumble.

****

"Ah, 11. Good time to wake up," I told myself as I got out of bed for the second time that morning.

"Hey, Lillie?" Jenna called for me.

"Yeah?" I replied, walking downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Would you mind staying home alone for awhile? I've got to go to a doctors appointment for this thing," She said whilst patting her belly.

"Yeah, I don't mind," I told her.

"Great! I'm gonna leave now, and I'll be back in about an hour," She told me.

"Okay, have fun!" I called as she walked outside. "C'mon in Emma!" I called towards the stairs.

Emma came down the stairs in black skinny jeans, a black Twenty-Øne Piløts shirt and a red and black flannel around her waist, along with black boots.

"Not gonna lie, you look pretty Tumblr," I told her as she sat down.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked, playfully glaring.

"It means you look adorable," I said, kissing her.

As we pulled away, she laid on the couch as we started watching a TV show. We watched it for about 45 minutes. Maybe a little more.

"So.. I'm going to California," Emma said, breaking the silence.

"Cool. When?" I asked her, not taking my eyes off the screen.

"Next month," She replied.

"How long?" I asked again.

"Forever," She said quietly. This answer made my take my eyes off the screen and look at her.