14. Bad News & Time Skips

Lillie

"Lillie! Go back to your room!" Tyler yelled. I looked at him with a mixture of fear and sadness before I ran back to my room.

I threw myself on my bed and immediately texted Emma, asking her if she would meet me at the park and she agreed.

I got out of my pajamas, just throwing on some black skinny jeans and a black and dark red striped sweater along with some tennis shoes. I left my phone and everything at the house and bolted out the door, ignoring Josh's calls for me to turn around and go back to my room.

I ran as fast as I could to the park, hoping Emma would get there soon. I finally got there, almost tripping on the pavement, but sat on the swing waiting.

A few minutes later I saw someone wearing all black walk towards me and sit on the swing next to me. I looked at the person and pulled their hood down, revealing Emma.

"Why'd you wanna met up?" She asked me. I looked at her perfect face- I mean, I looked at her and started telling her about the yelling, me eavesdropping, Jenna being pregnant, and Tyler yelling at me and being all upset.

"Wait, Jenna's pregnant?" Emma asked, a shocked look on her face and I nodded. "So... that means... you're going to be an aunt?" She asked excitedly. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Not technically. But Josh and Tyler do consider themselves brothers. So, I guess," I told her truthfully.

She shrugged, and a ding went off from her phone. She checked her phone and her face darkened. 

"What's wrong?" I asked her. She just shook her head and stood up.

"Nothing. I have to go home.." She mumbled and ran off.

"Okay?" I thought aloud. So much for having a friend to talk to I guess. I shrugged it off and started my walk home.

***

"Jenna come on!" Tyler yelled.

"No, Tyler! We have to, okay? If we're having a baby I want them to have their own room!" Jenna exclaimed. They continued arguing, while I was sitting on my bed, huddled under a blanket trying to drown out the yelling with Disney movies.

Suddenly all the yelling stopped, and I heard a knock at my door. I slowly got up and walked over to it, opening it as if there was an alien on the other side trying to kill me.

"What?" I asked, colder than I expected. There was no answer, so I opened the door all the way and looked into the hall. Nobody. I shook my head and closed my door again, going back to my nest of blankets.

Before I could get comfortable, I heard a knock outside of my window. I looked over and there was Emma, shivering. I quickly ran over and opened the window, allowing her to climb into the room.

"Hey.." She said as she sat on the windowsill.

"Hey," I said back, sitting on my bed.

There was an awkward silence for about 10 seconds. 

"Sorry.." She mumbled. I gave her a confused look.

"About what?" I asked.

"About running off like that. You needed somebody there but I ran off. I'm sorry," She explained. I gave her a half smile. 

"Well, you're here now. That's all that matters to me," I said, and she smiled. We just stared at each other for a few seconds before she sat on my bed with me. I turned the TV to Full House and we started watching it until we heard something break.

I looked at her with wide eyes and told her to stay here. I slowly walked over and cracked open the door to see Jenna and Tyler on the floor. Well, Jenna on her knees crying and Tyler trying to console her.

"Um.." I whispered to nobody in particular. I closed the door, not seeing what broke.

"You wanna stay the night?" I asked her. She looked up at me and smiled, nodding her head. I smiled too and opened my pajama drawer.

"You can wear my pajamas. We're probably the same size anyway," I told her.

I was right, they fit her perfectly. After she got some PJ'S on, we layer on my bed and watched movies until we fell asleep, not hearing any more bangs or crashes all night.

Skipping time to a month later

Okay, so it's been a month since all that happened. In that month, Tyler and Jenna moved out, Josh started dating Melanie Martinez (I ship Jelanie), and Emma has been able to come over anytime she wants.

"Hey, Lillie? Can you come downstairs for a second?" Melanie called from downstairs.

"Sure.." I mumbled. If she was asking me to go shopping I was gonna freak. We've been shopping for the past week, and today was my lazy day. I never even got out of my pajamas.

I got down there and smelled something delicious. I walked into the kitchen and saw Josh, Melanie, Emma, Tyler, and Jenna.

"What's going on?" I asked slowly.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They shouted. I gave them a confused look.

"It's not my birthday," I told them. They looked at each other confused while Emma smirked.

"Guys, her birthday is in 3 months." She said.

"I knew you were lying, Emma!" Tyler exclaimed.

"Why did you tell us it was?" Josh asked.

"Because. Now we get cake," She said, and grabbed a plate and a knife and handed them to me.

I grabbed them and chuckled, cutting into the cake and taking a small slice. It was a vanilla cake, with strawberry jelly in the middle and a black glaze on top. I took a fork and cut a small piece just so I can say I had some.

"It's really good guys," I said and smiled. They seemed satisfied since they each got themselves a slice and Emma and I walked into the living room. As I was staring at my plate I felt a poke on my shoulder.

It was Emma, and she motioned me upstairs. I set my plate down and followed her upstairs.

I walked into my room where she went and didn't see her in there. 

"Emma?" I called out. I sat on my couch and waited for her and I suddenly felt someone grab me from behind. Thanks to my past, whenever someone did that I subconsciously elbowed them in the stomach and they let go.

I turned around and saw Emma, and my eyes went wide with worry. I brought her over to my couch and sat her down.

"Are you okay? I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed. She shook her head.

"It's fine. Really," I continued rambling on saying I'm sorry when she rolled her eyes and kissed me on the spot.

I sat there, shocked, and she quickly pulled away.

"I-I'm sorry.." She mumbled, getting up. I pulled her back down and started kissing her again. We ended up making out for a while until we heard footsteps and someone calling our names.

We broke the kiss and looked at each other. 

"Wanna be?" She asked me.

"Yeah," I replied. We walked downstairs and sat next to each other, holding hands behind our backs so nobody saw.

Heyyyy beautiful people! So, so, so, so, so sorry it took too long to update (again), but it's finally here. Anyways, please nobody hate on Ellie (EmmaxLillie), because they're my characters and I choose whether or not I want them to be LGBT+. Anyways, enough rambling. Hoped you enjoyed the chapter, good bye my beauties!!!!