7. Runaways

Lillie

"Ugh. My head is killing me," I heard Josh groan.

"Mine too. Hey, sorry for anything I said last night," Tyler mumbled.

"Same. Plus, whatever you said, I don't remember it!" Josh said somewhat cheery.

"I did," I mumbled. I walked out of my bedroom, not before brushing my hair.

"Mornin," Tyler mumbled.

"Hey. How's the hangover?" I asked them. They groaned, making me chuckle.

I grabbed the remote, about to put on a Disney movie, when Josh yelled "No!" And started tickling me.

"Josh! S-stop tickling m-me!" I yelled in between laughs.

"What's that?" Tyler asked and Josh stopped. I saw them both staring at my arm, so I quickly pulled my sleeve down.

"Lillie?" Josh said in a warning tone, motioning for me to give me him my hand. I hesitantly gave it to him.

"How long have you done this?" He asked as he pulled my sleeve back up, revealing all of my scars; old and new.

"A few years...." I mumbled. Tyler looked at me with a sad expression, then Josh and him looked at each other and Tyler walked upstairs with a very upset face.

"What was that about?" I asked Josh.

"Tyler used to self harm, too." He told me. I looked at him with a mixture of a sad and surprised face, then at the stairs.

"Why...?" I asked.

"He can tell you later. It's not my place to tell you." He told me, and I nodded.

"So, why do you do it?" He asked me. It was hard, as there's never a straight answer as to why someone self harms. I told him my best answer, that when I was nine I was in my first "forever home". My parents there abused me and I just wanted to die, but back then I saw a glimmer of hope in the future so I started to cut to cope.

Tyler

She cuts herself, too. I honestly don't know what to say.

"Tyler?" I heard Josh say.

"Yeah?" I replied, rubbing my face with my hands.

"Can I come in?" He asked me.

"Yeah," I mumbled. He walked in the door, and sat beside me on my bed.

"I'm just as upset as you are," He mumbled.

"Do you think she knew about mine?" I asked him quietly.

He shrugged.

"I hope she didn't," I told him.

He looked a little nervous.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Nothing. I'm just wondering how many other secrets she has," He told me, and I nodded.

"I'm gonna go talk to her," I told him, and he nodded. I walked into her room, not bothering to knock. I didn't see her in her room, but I saw a piece of paper on her desk.

"Lillie: Come to the city park. There's some people I want you to meet.

-Emma"

"Josh!" I yelled. Josh rushed into the room, seeing the note in my hands and grabbing it.

"Ugh," Josh mumbled.

"Cya in the car," I told him, and headed out to the car.

After Josh got in, we sped to the park, hoping she hasn't left.

"There she is!" Josh exclaimed. Before I could even park, Josh opened his door and jumped out, running to her.

I jumped out after him and ran to her as well.

"You can't just leave the house and expect us not to notice," I told her.

"I did it once before," I heard her mumble.

"What?" Josh and I said at the same time.

"Yeah," She said, pointing to her hair. "I snuck out and she dyed her hair."

Josh and I looked at each other and nodded our heads. I grabbed her right arm and Josh her left. We picked her up that way and walked back to the van.

"Put me down!" She said, struggling and failing.

"No," I said as we put her in the back of the van.

She mumbled something that I couldn't hear, I turned around for a second.

"What was that?" I asked her.

"Nothing," She grumbled. I turned back around and continued driving home.

We drove home, happy that it was that simple to get her.

We put her in her room, and I locked her window with a key that Josh and I each had, same with her bathroom window. Then we had keys to lock her bedroom door. We decided not to lock it since all the other windows in the house were locked, and she had to go through the living room to leave.

"There. Now there is no way you can get out without our permission," Josh said, proud.

We walked out of her room, proud of ourselves.

We went into the living room, and to break the silence I said, "So have you told her about Debby yet?"

Josh looked at me with a face that said "no".

"Josh. You have to tell her soon. Debby is coming tomorrow," I told him.

"I know. I just don't know how she'll react," Josh told me, and I nodded.

"Ya know, now is probably not the best time to tell Lillie," Josh said, and again, I nodded.

"Tell me what?" Lillie said, walking downstairs.

"Oh um.. I'll leave you two, alone," I said, walking into the kitchen to make a sandwich.

Lillie

I walked downstairs, since Josh and Tyler forgot to lock my door.

"Ya know, now is probably not the best time to tell Lillie," I heard Josh say.

"Tell me what?" I said, stepping off the last step.

"Oh um.. I'll leave you two, alone," Tyler said, walking into the kitchen.

I sat down next to Josh, a sad look on my face. I knew what this meant. They were sending me back to the orphanage.

"There's something that I have to tell you," Josh said.

I looked at him with a knowing expression.

"I'll go pack," I told him sadly.

"What? Lillie, no," He told me with a confused expression. "It's not like that, and I just want to tell you about someone," He told me.

"Your lawyer?" I asked him sarcastically.

"No, my girlfriend," He said, a little frustrated.

"Who's your girlfriend?" I asked him.

"You may know her, she's an actress, and her name is Debby Ryan," He said.

"I've heard of her," I told him. She was an actress for Disney Channel and stuff, but I don't watch that channel so I don't know much about her.

"Do you like her?" He asked.

"I don't know. I've never met her," I told him plainly.

"Well you're about to tomorrow," He told me.

(A/N) I hoped you guys liked this chapter! How do you feel about Debby and Josh? Tell me in the comments! ⬇⬇⬇