2. I Promised To Be With You

Reese

The rest of the class was a blur from the moment I saw him again. He looks the same一only, much taller and muscled but still lean nonetheless. He had that dark black hair that matched with his emerald colored eyes. Undeniably, he does look handsome like he always have been. But things are different now.

It was three years ago when he left without any warning and now? He suddenly decides to come back.

It doesn't matter.

I have my life together... okay, my life is glued and taped back together. Sue me if that's the only thing that's keeping me holding.

I feel an arm wrapped around my waist. Barry gives me a look with a crinkle between his brows. "You okay? You look like you just saw a ghost."

I shake my head and give him a light smile. I should tell him. We never keep secrets. "Not a ghost. Just an ex."

"An ex?" He place his hand on the side of my face, the worry is just appearing on his face. "You only have one ex. You never even told me his name. Is he here? Who is it?"

"Uh," I can't say his name. It's not that I don't want Barry to find out, it's just that I've learned to forget him. It's hard. "Can we just no talk about it? Let's just go to lunch and一"

"Hey!" Trent pulls me away from his brother and replaces the arm on my waist with his. He gives us both a playful smile. "Hi, Hottie."

I hear the smack on the back of his head so loud that Barry and I look behind him and find Scott, cocking their brows at their brother.

Scott looks more like Uncle Travis一blue orbs and chocolate brown hair. Trent looks more like Aunt Sam一the dark brown eyes and light brown hair. Barry is the combination of the Uncle Travis and Aunt Sam. He has those blue orbs, light brown hair, then thin pale lips. Tracie doesn't look like her parents at all. I mean she has Uncle Travis's hair and that's it. Somehow, her eyes is darker than the others, nose is so feminine and a little pointy, and she's got that heart-shaped face. That's why all of them are so protective of her一because she's so beautiful and unique out of all of them.

(Author's note: I did not want to do this but because a lot of people are asking me, here it is. No, they're not related. Reese is not dating someone that's actually her cousin. She just calls Travis and Sam aunt and Uncle because they're all so close!!)

Okay, so here is their arrangement: Trent is the first one, then Scott, Barry, and last is Tracie.

Their personalities are all different but there's one thing that they all get along. That is the word: pranks.

"Let her go, she's not your type," Scott says, going beside Barry.

I narrow my eyes. "Thanks, Scott. Real nice."

He shrugs and gives me a wink. "Sorry. But it's true."

"Buttercup?"

"Holy fuck," I jump to where I was standing.

"What?" Trent asks, his playful expression has turned serious.

I can't see him. I can't talk to him.

I take Barry's hand. "Come on, let's get to lunch."

But they don't move the second they hear my name come out of his mouth.

"Reese!"

The three of them snap their heads behind. I close my eyes, getting all the courage I need, and then turn to the boy who left me behind.