Blood Hunter: Prologue

Little Red Riding Hood Robin Hood is only one person and her name is Red Robin Hood - the famous Blood Hunter. This is about being hunted by the person you used to trust and finding the mate you shouldn't have. 

* * * *

Happy endings used to be Robin's favorite part of the story. They were the ones that made her feel like there's goodness in this world. She was six when she believed that they were real. Her grandma used to talk about how it is real and that if she just had faith in it, anything would be possible. She would always talk about how the darkest, evil monsters would be punished by the Gods and Goddesses who watches over them.

As she grew up, she used to with a Raggedy Ann doll. It was something that she had found in the forest when she was five and kept it with her since. Whenever she would accidentally tear of its head, her grandma would sow it up and make it look like the doll hasn't been butchered over and over again.

She was having the time in her life living at the cabin they owned at the woods. Until one day, her grandma held her by the arms. Robin could tell that she was worried or afraid or both. Yet, her grandma gave her a reassuring smile.

"Sweetheart," she coos as the loud banging on the door suddenly filled the house. She kisses her in the forehead and points at the cupboard. "I want you to get inside and don't make a sound. You hold on to Miss Ann tight and only go outside when you're sure that nobody is inside the house anymore. Do you understand, Robin?"

With her heart hammering against her chest, Robin complied even though half of what her grandmother said didn't register in her brain. The panic was taking over, still, she was silent as her grandmother pushed her down to the cupboard, closing it.

The loud crashing of door made her flinch. She couldn't see, it was dark, but she could hear them. There were a lot of heavy footsteps. She was scared but she held on to Miss Ann, her tears coming down to her face.

"You're not getting it!" Her grandmother screams. "You will never find it!"

It's silent. Then, she hears it. A dark, loud laughter coming from a man or maybe it's not a man. No man could have their voices vibrate like that. It sounds animalistic. Like the monsters she's been read to by her grandmother.

"We can find it for ourselves," the man snaps back at her. Robin's eyes are closed. She didn't want to hear anymore when she heard something snapping. "Right now, the concern is you. I'm tired and frankly, you old hag, you've run out of time to protect what is mine."

There's a crashing sound. It sounds like someone's breaking something but it all stops again until she hears barking, loud barking. Enough to vibrate the doors slightly open but not enough to actually see something.

Her grandma screams. The sound of her pain makes Robin's heart constrict but she holds onto Miss Ann, wishing that her grandmother is safe, wishing that the monsters would leave, wishing that it was all a dream and she's going to wake up any second now.

Something was chewing something. It sounded like her when she would eat the pigs grandma would cook.

"Mind your manners, child!" Her grandma would hit her with the wooden spoon that she used to spank her with when she would be naughty. "You eat like a dog. Slobbering all over the table."

The screaming's gone but there's breaking sounds again. Soon, she hears nothing. There's no more snapping, breaking, or screaming. She must be safe, now.

As she pushes back the door, her Raggedy Ann doll slips her fingers and falls to the floor, something liquid hits her elbows.

Blood. She looks down and sees it everywhere. The floor is flooded with it. Her eyes move up to the trail and she sees her grandmother on the floor. Her eyes and mouth open. But that's not all that's open. Her stomach is too. She looks likes the pigs that grandma would slaughter with her bare hands.

Robin's stuck in her place.

Until someone grabs her foot and pulls her down to the floor, the blood sticking to her. She looks like Miss Ann, now. Blood all over the body.

As she glances upon the one who pulled her, she's met by a man with a beard, white long hair pushed back, and red glowing eyes gazing upon her. He roared at her. That's when she realizes that he must be the animal. "Who are you to traitor?"

He must be the one who killed her grandmother.

"Gramma," she answers, her voice so soft that it can barely be heard. Her voice is shaking as well are her hands. "You killed my gramma!"

The man smiles at her. "Your grandmother was a bad person. My name is Joseph Victor, little lady. How about this—if you come with me, I won't ever hurt you. I saved you from your grandmother, sweetie. I am now your guardian from now on."

When she came out of that cabin, she never knew that it would take her ten years to discover the truth that her grandmother was never a bad person. They were—the Lycans who hurt her. She was deadly wrong to believe everything he said to her.

With their sinful actions and lies, she tried to kill the head of the snake but failed to do so. Still, at least she had gotten away from the clutches of Joseph Victor, the man who took everything from her and turned her into a killing machine.

Her name is Red Robin Hood—the little girl in the stories of Red Riding Hood and the man named Robin Hood who stole from the rich and gave to the poor. They've separated her story and turned her into a good person but one thing's for sure, they're the complete opposite of her. She became the most feared hunter in all of the lands—one where every supernatural creature would hope that they never run into her.