8. I Promised To Be Careful

Since I'm not doing anything, I decided to write. (That's a lie. I have tons to do today but I'm choosing to write and shit)

Btw, you should know I have three new stories coming up. :P I think you'll like them.

* * * * *

Reese

I know that I should be going to school but I can't. Partly because I'm advised to rest until the stitches fully heal and partly because of what happened between Barry and I.

It's been three days and I haven't done anything yet rather than cry myself to sleep the moment I wake up. It's easier to cry myself to sleep because it allows me to stop the flashbacks. I get so tired that I don't even remember any of my dreams.

There's a knock on the door again. "Honey," it's Aunt Sam. "You haven't touched your food. When are you going to eat?"

Another knock again. "Reese, come on," it's Uncle Travis this time. I just want them to leave me alone. "Open the door and just please eat. We're worried for you."

"Can you please just answer us?" She pleads. "Just answer us and we'll leave you alone."

I don't do anything. I close my eyes, trying to sleep. I hear their voices again and their knocks but then it all fades away when I'm already asleep.

When I woke up, it was already afternoon. I was woken up by the continuous knocking on my door. Again.

"Babe, come on," Tracie knocks several times again. "You've been in there for full three days. I know what happened is shitty but stop moping in there and let us in."

There's silence after that. Not silence but mumbling. Whoever Tracie was with, they were talking to her in front of my door. It sounded like they were having an argument.

After that there's another knock again. "Buttercup?"

I can feel the air in me, getting stuck.

Ethan is here.

"Hey," he coughs, as a way to clear his throat I guess. "Can you open the door please?"

Should I?

Barry broke up with me because of him. I shouldn't do that.

"They all filled me in on what happened," he says, softly. "Are you okay? Just knock on the door if you don't feel like talking at all. Knock once if you're not okay and twice if you are. All of us are worried and at least let us get comforted with you answering me."

He's right. I should just answer him. If what he says is true, then I guess I owe it to them to at least knock and let them feel better about it.

I pull myself out of bed, not bothering to slip in my slippers and just walk in barefoot, feeling the carpet beneath my feet.

I walk up to the door, raising my fist, knocking twice on the door.

I hear a whisper before Ethan talked again. "Are you hungry?" I knock once. "Do you want Tracie to come in?" I knock once again. No. "How about Trent?" No. "Scott then?" No. "Barry?"

Barry. He's here? Does he want to see me? He doesn't want to look at me like this. No one should look at me. I'm pathetic一crying over a guy.

So, I knock once.

"Okay," he mumbles. "Will you at least let me in?"

Will I let him in? Again, he's the reason that Barry broke up with me. He's the reason everything went to shit because he left me.