Finding Home

SYNOPSIS:

Rosalie finds her biological parents and sibling. Now, she's at a town where she knows no one. So she tries to adjust but it's just a little difficult knowing all the things she knew from when she was just a just a kid. Imagine this, you find your biological family, they try to find out things about you, you meet a guy named Kelly that lives across from your biological family's house, and you go to school where you do not know anyone.

Seems easy? You must be crazy.

* * * * *

SNEAK PEAK: ONE - HOUSE

I drop my gym bag on the floor of the porch.

This is it.

It must be this house or else I'm going to fucking out my head through a marble wall. I've looked every Holland house all over this town and the last person I asked where it was, they said that the Holland family are in this house.

I raise my fist and bring it down to the door lightly. After just a few seconds, I hear the door unlocking and then it opens, revealing a guy that must be by my age, maybe a year older. He's got blonde hair, blue eyes, thin nose, pale lips, and sharp jaw. He's undeniably good-looking. He's tall and his body is average - not thin, not bulky - but definitely has muscles. And he's got good taste in his clothes too. Classic plaid shirt, black plants, and then shoes.

"Hi," the blonde guy, says, grinning at me. He flashes his pearly white teeth. Wow.

Speak, Rosalie! GO!

"Um, I, uh," I stutter. Great, now I look like I'm having a stroke. "Does Philip and Loren Holland here?"

He shakes his head and points at something behind me. I turn around and see the much bigger house in front of this house. I look back at the guy with furrowed brows. "That's the Holland's house."

Oh, shit. Way to embarrass yourself, Rosalie. Nice. Juuust nice.

I chuckle awkwardly. "Sorry. Some kid must have been messing with me. Anyway, thank you for pointing the house. I'm Rosalie, by the way."

I stick my hand out, and I immediately regret it when I see the chipped manicure that I gave myself a month ago.

But surprisingly, when I though he'd say that my hand is gross, he takes it and shakes it, still smiling at me. "I'm Kelly." His eyes move to my bag. "Do you want me to help you out with that? It looks heavy."

I let go of his rough, warm hand and pick up my bag on the floor, carrying it like it's a shoulder bag. "It looks heavy but it's not. Thanks for the offer, though."

I wave at him goodbye and he does the same so I turn around and walk back and towards the Holland house.

Please. Let this be the last house that I bother.

I knock on the door, feeling all the exhaustion going through my body. But I still stand, even if I feel my knees are weak and I can hear my heartbeat in my ears.

The door opens and I see a couple standing in front of me. The woman is dressed in formal clothes like she's been in a meeting. She has a dark blonde hair, green eyes, thin nose, and full red lips. The man is wearing a navy blue sweater and some jeans. He has a dark hair, blue eyes, pointy nose, and thin pale lips.

They're the people in the picture.

It's them.

"Can we help you?" The man's low voice catches my attention.

I pull out the folded paper on my back pocket and give it to them. When they unfold it, their eyebrows furrow and stare at me. "You said that if I somehow want to find you, I should show you this picture."

"What一?" The woman takes the picture from the man's hands and stares at it, tears forming in her eyes. "This is the picture we took when Emma was born, Philip."

The man, Philip, gazes up at me. "I don't understand. Our little girl is gone. She was in a car accident. Is this some kind of sick joke?"

"Mom? Dad?"

The couple turns their head behind them and I see a guy probably by my age, peeking at the door. He's wearing a red shirt, jeans, and those pointy shows. He's got blonde hair, green eyes, and glasses. He looks exactly like the woman. Only more muscle, and less feminine.

He walks towards us and then points at me with his index finger. "Who's this?"

I drop the gym bag and kick it to their feet. "It's all the things you left me with before giving me to Allison and Henry Calvert. The baby toy, brush, mirror, everything."

"I don't一" the woman crumples the paper and throws it down to the ground. "Is this a joke? Are you asking for money? Our daughter died in a car accident with her adopted parents a year ago! You're not fooling anyone here."

The guy, their son, crosses his arms and walks in front of her mother as tears fell down her cheek and hugged her husband. "I want you to leave or I'm calling the cops. You've upset my parents and me. My sister is dead. We read the news."

I shrug, giving them a small smile. "Look, I don't want to be here. I just promised Mom and Dad that I'll find you if something happens to them. And then I found you. You can take it or leave it. Either way, it doesn't really matter if you tell me what you're going to choose. I knew that you'll leave it alone."

I start walking away from them, feeling their anger and sadness seeping through their eyes as they stare at me walking. Before I leave them alone completely, I turn around and give them a shrug. "I never did this for money. I did this because I made a promise. I'm sure there's some kind of DNA testing that you'll want to do so I think you can find something there. Oh, and read more of the news, you'll find something there."

I just turn my heel around and walk away.

There, Ma. I followed your wishes. Happy now?

I can just hear my mom's voice inside my head. Telling me that she's happy and I can even see her standing in front of me, giving me a hug.

Fuck. I miss my parents.

We miss you too, honey. Now I can see them in front of me on the computer, telling me this with a bright smile on their faces and giving me what we usually call "flying kisses."