14. I Promised To Be Done

Since I can't talk to anyone about my deep thoughts, I'll do it here. I sometimes think like I want to get a boyfriend/girlfriendI swing both waysbut then I'm reminded all the shit I've been through and then I think to myself that "wow, I will never ever be able to trust another human being again." There is only one person that knows so much about me and she's my best friend.

Anyway, enjoy this chapter full of lies and truths.

Oh, I have a good news for you.

I'm going to be doing a third book for TMA and TMB. It's about the love story of guess whooooo????

ALEX.
AND.
MINNIE.

* * * * *

Ethan

By the time I went back to the cafeteria, I told them I never saw her. I wanted to tell them that I saw her with Jay but I couldn't because for the long time I knew her, she never wanted anyone to share anything they found out about her that she kept secret. And so telling them something would mean having myself in a fiery pit of hell with her.

I can't help but think about what happened. Why was she and Jay close? Were they together?

The sucker punch I did to Jay makes me not regret it even more. I want to go back there and rip them away from each other and beat him to death but I promised myself I wouldn't go there so far.

You're done with that life. I keep reminding myself. You're out of that life.

But my thoughts about all of that were gone the moment a hand landed on my shoulder. I was about to fucking kill the guy when I see Buttercup with wide eyes, flinching at my fist that's almost close to her face.

"Jesus, Ethan!" Tracie behind me shouts, causing for half of the people in the cafeteria to stare at me.

I let my fist fall down to my side, immediately grabbing hold of Buttercup's arms and pulling her to me. "Fuck, Buttercup. I'm sorry."

She chuckles lightly, but it came out so forced that it had me cringing. "It's okay, Ethan. I shouldn't have surprised you like that when I knew you were deep in thought."

Hands on Buttercup and I separates us from each other. Trent moves in front of me and nudges Buttercup in the shoulder. "Where the hell have you been? You know we've been looking for you all day long."

Buttercup smiles but it doesn't even reach her eyes. It's easy to say that it's only just a fake smile.

Fuck, Buttercup. Don't lie.

"Oh, library," she answers smoothly. It makes me even think how many times did she lie to me and them. "needed a quiet place to read so I went there."

I can't help but grind my teeth at how much she's lying to me and to them. They just don't know it yet.

I can't help but be disappointed at her. She's never ever lied before and she hates being lied to. So why right now, change?

You didn't know her, Ethan. You didn't know her. She changed and you did too. Don't even dare to be hypocritical.

I wish things could be the way it used to be.

They seem to buy her story but I'm just silent. I don't think she would notice it but she looks up at me with those bright eyes, trying to get into my head and see what's happening with me.