18. I Promised To Be Gone

Okay, funny story. I checked my profile and viewed all conversations and I saw that three days ago I voted on a Justin Bieber story (i actually did not know until now) so I looked at the author and saw that it was my older sister who is 11 months older than me. She must've used my profile when I forgot to log out again.

this is why you should always LOG OUT AFTER USE.

and also, btw, if you're interested on her story (a fanfiction of jb story) her profile is @potterrauhl. She's a good writer and a sister... she just tells her readers i love you more than she ever does with me.

awww :( sad. kidding. anyway, interested in Ethan's point of view? Scroll down and read now about it.

warning: short chapter ahead. im sorryyyy. but it has to be this way. you'll know what I'm talking about soon.

* * * * *

Ethan

She was covered in blood when she left the house with a blanket hanging on her shoulders. Her eyes were just everywhere and were searching for someone. When her eyes lands on me, I felt myself getting cold at her eyes. They were nothing but empty yet full of sadness.

I start walking towards her only to have Garry pull me back and stepping in front of me to walk towards her sister. Without any warning at all, he wraps his arms around him. I can see his cheek and jaw moving, telling her something but she was just silent - didn't returning his hug or even answering him.

"Reese!" Tracie yells, running to her with her brothers behind him. I decide to do the same, following Gabriel. Garry lets her go before the second Tracie jumps on her best friend, her arms wrapping around tightly on her neck. "Hey, you okay? What happened to you?"

She raises her hands. I thought she was going to hug her but instead she removed her arms away from her, her lips forming a thin line. She turns around, her feet walking up to a guy that's wearing a bulletproof vest, his hair is blonde. He turns around and smiles at her but then what came out of Buttercup's mouth must've been not so good because his smile fades away immediately.

He nods, then points at another person away from them. They part ways and she starts going to the person he pointed. When he reaches us, he looks back at Buttercup. "She's going home. She's not feeling well. She wanted me to tell you all what happened."

We all stare at him, waiting for him to say something.

He sighs. "We got in there, her father was dead and still tied to the chair and she was about to get shot by the person you all knew, Jay, and two of his bodyguards. Reese was still holding the knife even if they dropped the gun then she just threw the knife, and killed all of them. I thought she was out of control so I threatened her that if she didn't drop the knife, I'll shoot her. But she never made any move towards us. Instead, she released his dad and started crying."

"Is she okay?" Barry asks.

The man opens his mouth to answer but I cut him off, staring at Buttercup get into someone's car, her eyes on what's in front of her, holding the blanket and shaking. "She's not okay. The thing I'm eve more worried about is that she will never be okay."

I knock on her door, hoping for her to answer but she doesn't. I twist the doorknob, hoping for it to be locked but it isn't. I go inside to see if she's inside but she isn't. I start to panic, knowing that she isn't anywhere in the house.

"She's gone."

I turn around. There, standing at the hallway, is Barry. He's holding up a paper with Buttercup's handwriting in it. I grab it in just a second, reading the note.

I have to do this.

I killed people today. I'm leaving.

Please don't try to find me.
You're not going to find anything at all.

I love you, all.

Thank you for treating me part of the family. Tell my mother, I'd rather not see her. Tell my stepbrother to stop being a bully.

Tell him to forget the promises we made.

- R

"Like I said - " I crumple the paper, throwing it down on the ground. Barry bends down and pick it up. " - she's gone."

She can't be gone. We just got her back. The problem is already solved.

She just can't be gone.

Buttercup.

"Where is she?" I snap. "Your parents can track her."

"Ethan," Tracie appears, her eyes red and tears streaking down her face. "She's gone."