#The Boy Who was Left Alone

Homra's bar

Yata woke up and went downstairs. Rikio and Kushina are living at an apartment. He looked around and memories flashed back on him. He hears the noise of those who were labled as good-for-nothing people. He can smell the pastry being cooked by Tatara. He can still feel the warmth of Mikoto. He can hear the hum of Kusanagi. He can but there's no one to be found. He took a broom and cleaned the place. He wiped the window and washed the dishes. The last thing to do was to water the plants. He was shocked to see someone standing in front of the flower beds doing the job. "Good morning Yata-san", Hiruna greeted. "Dont you have classes today?", Yata asked. "Yhup. It's a holiday. A rest day before the school festival", Hiruna explained. "High school life. How I missed those", Yata had a deep sigh. "Then, are there anything more to do?", Hiruna asked. "Uhmm. It's okay. I'm nearly done", Yata said in embarassment. "That's good. Then we can go around the city once you're done?", Hiruna asked. Yata shrugged. "I'm not in the mood", Yata answered. "Come on. Since Izumo-san left, I never really went wild during holidays", Hiruna informed. Yata just sighed and agreed. They watered the plants together.

The night Before...
Hiruna called Kusanagi.

Hiruna: Good evening
Kusanagi: Good Morning, my princess. How are you doing?
Hiruna: Right... I want to tell you something but dont you dare freak out.
Kusanagi: Oh sure
Hiruna: I went home late last night.
Kusanagi: Why?!!! Did something happen?!!!
Hiruna: I told you not to freak out. Geezzz...
Kusanagi: okay.. I'm calm.
Hiruna: Yata-san actually volunteered to accompany me home.
Kusanagi: I see...
Hiruna: What's with the sad voice?
Kusanagi: I just felt bad that I left him alone. He must be thinking that he was abandoned. Good foe us... We have people who can still be with us without the clan. But Misaki... He just that person...who's left with no one.
Hiruna: What are you saying? I am still here.
Kusanagi: Erina
Hiruna: Your friend is my friend, Izumo-san.

Flashback ends

Yata changed his clothes and closed the store. "Where do you want to go?", Yata asked. "You're not bringing your skateboard with you?", Hiruna asked. "I got it broken the other day", Yata narrated. "I feel bad for it", Hiruna said looking at his eyes. "Why would you? It's just a skateboard", Yata gave a fake smile. "It's not just a skateboard. It means something to you since someone gave it", Hiruna reminded. Yata just remained silent. "Want to visit the zoo?", Hiruna asked. Yata just nodded. They rode the Train and ended at the Zoo.

Zoo.
Hiruna was fascinated by the rabbits and watched them eat carrots. "Yata-san! They're adorable!!!", Hiruna's eyes are sparkling. "You're really enjoying it, arent you?", Yata gave a weak chuckle. "Ah, you laughed", Hiruna smiled. The next thing they visited was the reptiles section. Hiruna stayed closed to Yata. "You hate reptiles?", Yata asked. "I hate slimmy things. I really dont like them", Hiruna closed her eyes. Yata left her for a while and watched the huge phyton eat the rabbit. "Woah!!! Hiruna. Look at this", Yata invited her. Hiruna was shocked to find a rabbit in the snake's den. "Poor rabbit", she whined. 'That's how the circle of life is. We have our own places. Some people are on the top of the foodchain and some arent", Yata said while looking at the snake.

Hiruna's POV
Watching the snake swallow the rabbit makes me see how sadness is swallowing Yata-san. I knew him as a carefree person who is always in high spirit. I cant see any reason why no one is here for him right now. Where was that friend who gave the skateboard? Where was that person who made him laugh and live like how he used to? Yata-san got bored and moved to the crocodile section. "Oh! I'm getting hungry. Shall I also grab something for you?", I asked. "I'm fine", Yata-san said. "I'll get you a sandwich", I said.

Hiruna left the guy. He heard screaming and went to the source of the sound. One of the horse went insane and wings went out of his back. "A strain?", Yata went to look for some weapon. He saw a bat and went to stop the commotion. He was expecting flame to envelop him but there was none. The horse was scaring the tourist. The only way was to knock it out. At the same time, Scepter 4 was summoned their to check what was happening. They went into the clumping crowd and saw that the horse was already knocked down. It was Yata who did it. Fushimi saw that Yata was smilling because people were praising him. "Idiot as ever", Fushimi commented on his mind. The crowd began to leave since the Scepter 4 already reached the area. "Thank you for the aid", Kamo bowed to Yata. "Do not bow to a former junk...who is still a junk", Fushimi ordered. Kamo stood straight. "Oh, Monkey. You're late", Yata averted his stares. "Dont fight Strains head on. You no longer have the same strength", Fushimi sighed. "You're not in any position to tell me what I should do", Yata growled. "What can you actually do now? You were abandoned", Fushimi drawn his sword.

"Yata-san! I heard you were able to bring down a Strain", Hiruna came running holding a sandwich. Fushimi turned to her. Hiruna was shocked that she dropped the sandwich. "Ah... Fushimi-san...scepter 4?", Hiruna was dumbfounded. "Yata-san. You were able to help them catch a strain", Hiruna praised. "Shall we go and celebrate?", Hiruna asked. "You're going out?", Kamo asked. "Yata-san is a good friend of mine", Hiruna smiled and grabbed Yata away. "Good Luck with your job", Hiruna bowed and they both left. Hiruna was sure that being around the Blues will kill Yata. Their king killed Mikoto and so...was the reason why he was left alone.

Done again. Hope to finish this before July ends.

Thanks for reading.