The Failed and Unexpected

"Do you think this is going to end well, Libby?" Donna asked as she fixed my braid, since it was crooked. I shrugged,studying my reflection before thanking the brunette but I sighed.

"What? What's wrong?" she questioned, placing a hand on my shoulder comfortingly. I scratched the back of my neck then replied,"I turned eighteen yesterday... and no one knows about it." She gasped with surprise then exclaimed,"Libby!! Why haven't you told anyone?!"

"Because I didn't want to make it out into a huge deal." I defended, hunching down. She gave me a soft smile then patted my back and assured,"But it is a huge deal! You're eighteen. A legal adult,Libs! You can vote Captain America into freaking office, man!"

"I know! And I really wanna tell people, the Sons and their old ladies but it'll just make things more hectic. We'll talk about this when I get back. I'm pretty sure Wyatt is here. Thanks, Donna. For everything." A knock sounded at the front door, which confirmed my suspensions. I opened the door and flashed my brightest smile at him then stated,"I'm ready to go."

Just as we reached his car, a Harley pulled around the corner and chills fled through my body as I caught sight of the rider. I tapped my foot aggressively, hoping that Wyatt would open the doors instead, he waited at the bottom of the driveway, where Jax had parked his bike.

"So, you're the guy taking Libs out for a date. Where are you taking her by the way?" the blond asked, crossing his arms stiffly. Wyatt gulped then glanced back at me before replying, "They're having a carnival just outside of town. I told she might like it."

"So what, just 'cause she's younger, you thought she would want to go to a fucking carnival?" Jax demanded, leaning forward in towards Wyatt, who's brown eyes widened with worry.

"Um, n-no, not at all. It's just, who doesn't love carnivals?" the brunet stumbled over his words but luckily, I saved his ass before he continued to dig his own grave.

"Wyatt, it's fine,don't worry. I actually love carnivals and Jax is just a little curious. Don't bother with him. Let's just go." I grabbed his hand and pulled him to the car,shooting a vicious glare to Jax, who only smirked in return.

"How did you meet Jax?" Wyatt asked as he drove out of the driveway, staring cautiously at the Prince of Charming, who had a shit eating grin smudged across his face.

I fixated my face into a bitchy expression and answered,"His mom, Gemma,got me a job at the garage once I got into town. From there,I met most of the Sons and so far,we've gotten along great with one another." Out of my peripheral vision,I saw him tilt his head in acknowledgement, which kind of erked me in annoyance since he didn't actually reply.

I thought the carnival would be fun, (actually, it was more along the lines of praying that Wyatt would be able to keep my interest peaked long enough) but that's not the point. Unfortunately for me, he was incredibly boring and couldn't carry a conversation to save his life or mine for that fact.

"So, where are you from? You don't seem very west coast, like most girls from Cali are." he asked and I grimaced before I realized what had just fell out of his stupid mouth.

"Excuse me? What the exact hell is that supposed to mean? Don't seem very west coast?" His eyes widened then he stuttered, "That's not a bad thing! Most girls here have a bit more a high end taste in fash-"

"Are you saying I have bad taste in clothes?"

"No! Ugh, you're just very different. You have more of an attitude and a mouth to match-"

"Are you saying I can be a bitch?" I snapped, growing more and more frustrated with the conversation. He closed his eyes then blew out a breath before he mumbled,"I don't think those words ever came out of my mouth."

He stopped, pondering his next words, only to have another terrible phrase spill out of his mouth,"Look, you're really hot and smart but I don't think I can deal with the fact that you and the Soon- To- Be- King-Of- SAMCRO has some weird relationship going on to where he loses his crap over the fact that I'm taking you to a freaking carnival."

"Do you just wanna say it's over or do you want to take me home then tell me you can't handle the heat of the kitchen?" I demanded, glaring at him. He sighed and walked away which passed me off even more.

"Son of a bitch!" I barked, sinking onto a bench. (Captain America: Language! Iron Man:He did the thing again.)

"Why so glum, sweetheart? Someone steal your plum?" (Goddammit there's too many Avengers references. I've already made three... Avengers at two o'clock in the morning= not a good idea.)

"Shut up, Blondie, before I smack you silly with Captain America's shield." I grumbled, crossing my arms grumpily. (Make that four...)

"I can't believe you're fucking pouting. Actually I can't believe that he just left you alone." Jax declared, shaking his head at the sight before he held out a hand then offered, "C'mon. Let's go on the Ferris Wheel then go home."

I grabbed his hand and followed him to the Ferris Wheel, where several people parted just Jax and I then, before I knew it, we were up in the air, locked in a small space together.

"Libby?" he murmured, brushing a stand of hair out of my eyes. I hummed and glanced over at the VP then realized how close he was before he whispered,"Happy late birthday."

He brushed my lips with his own and my cheeks burned with embarrassment before I declared, "Donna fucking sold me out." He chuckled as we got off the ride before walking over to his bike hand in hand then he stated,"Yeah. She did. But don't worry. No one else knows."

A part of me didn't believe him but then again, I did. We drove back to the Clubhouse, where it was eerily quiet,which in turn, raised suspensions in my mind. I shot Jax a wary look but followed him into the building, where everything was peaceful. Most of the Sons were playing cards or a game of pool, while the old ladies chatted over coffee.

He chuckled as his arms circled my waist then he mumbled,"You really thought I told them that your birthday was yesterday? Do you think so low me, darling?"

"Well, we haven't exactly had the best last few weeks,Jax." He nodded, understanding what I meant then asked,"Can we restart? Our relationship, our friendship, our everything? Please."

I pondered the question and nodded before I replied,"Yeah. I think we can restart." We walked into my room and I changed my clothes from the dress to my fuzzy shorts and the shirt I stole from Jax while he tugged off his shoes, pants, and kutte before I plopped down on the bed then allowed him to scoop me into his body.

"Hi,I'm Jax Teller and I can be an asshole." he offered, grinning. I gave a small laugh then replied,"Hi, I'm Libby Parker. I can be a bitch. Pleasure to meet you."

"Oh, trust me,darling. The pleasure's all mine." he assured me, as his blue eyes begun fluttering shut. It appeared that we were both very tired. I gave a small yawn then tangled my legs with his and he pulled me closer before he mumbled, "Don't leave me."

Guilt practically punched me in the face and I felt it tangle itself in my stomach then I whispered in return, "Never in a million years."

"So you'll be my girl? No matter what?" I nodded and replied,"No matter what."

Aw,I love a good, fluffy ending! So that's that....I'll see you guys around.