Number One Sad Baddie

"Libby, how's the little squirt?" Becky asked, cooing over Abel. I laughed and replied,"He's a nightmare to put down for bed but Jesse is such a help to put him to sleep." Jesse's full head of brown hair popped in with his sapphire eyes narrowed at me before he demanded,"Ye better have high praise for me,ye little brat."

I blew him a kiss and said in return, "Only the highest of the praises for you,Jess. You're a miracle worker with Abel. I just don't know how you do it." He chuckled and shook his head then answered, "Cause my godson loves me more than he loves ye."

"Shut up, Jesse!" I laughed, swatting at him. He dunked below my hand then rolled forward to stand up in front of the crib where Abel was sleeping and our heads whipped to the end table where my phone sat before I picked it up and noticed that it was an American number.

More importantly, it was a California number.

I flipped open my phone and held it to my ear then stated in my slight Scottish accent that I had picked up over the last year, "May I help ye?"

The person who was on the other line was incredibly startled when I answered before the person asked, "Libby?" I froze at his voice then whispered,"Piney?" When I was still in America, I didn't get to know the older man like I wanted to but I knew well enough that if he was calling you, chances are that bad news was coming your way.

"Darlin', it's so good to hear your voice. But listen, I got bad news. Donna was shot and killed in a driveby just two days ago... Opie is a mess.  Look, kid, I wouldn't have called you if it wasn't this serious, but it's bad. He's just... empty. Please." he begged.  I sobbed mentally to myself but kept myself calm on the exterior then asked, "When's she being buried?"

"Two days. Please, he really needs you.  They both do." I felt a sharp pain in my side when he mentioned the two people who I regretted leaving the most then grumbled, "I don't know, Piney.  I'm pretty sure everyone hates me back there. "

"Listen,Libby, no one here hates you. They're just mad and hurt that you left and you can't blame for that. But what you can do is come back, explain yourself, and fix my son." Piney informed me. I rubbed my eye and tilted my head back before I stated,"All right. I'll be there. Thanks for the call,Piney. I'll see you real soon."

I shut the phone and took a deep breath then turned to Jesse and Becky before launching into the whole story. By the time that I was finished, they were struck with a horror filled expression and I felt terrible that I was leaving them on such short notice.

"Do ye have to leave?" Jesse asked, hugging me. I nodded and answered, "Yeah,I have to. They really need me more than anything." He sighed and muttered,"I'll help ye pack then."

I ended up only having three suitcases of stuff for me to carry and most of it was for Abel. After I bought my plane ticket, I settled down with a cup of Irn-Bru, which Jesse was so kind to bring me.

"Ye don't want to go. " I sighed at his statement then shrugged as I muttered, "Shite, I don't know what I want anymore.  I'm so damn indecisive that I'm not sure what I want. "

He chuckled and rubbed the top of my hair then grumbled,"Eh,  ye'll figure it out. I luv ye, ye brat."

"I love ye too, ye jerk." I murmured in return. I turned to the airport entrance then lifted Abel's carseat before boarding the plane. The flight was timeless and couldn't seem to slow down. Abel surprisingly slept through the entire thing and I nearly cried when I saw the welcome sign for Charming.

I stepped over the city limit line then started dragging all of my stuff behind me after strapping Abel into his papoose with dread filling every ounce of my body as I got closer and closer to the actual town. Sirens sounded behind me and I froze in fear. Knowing my luck lately, it'd end up being Hale or Unser driving the fucking car.

"Hello, ma'am. Do you need a ride somewhere?" the officer asked, rolling down the window. I grinned and replied, "Fuck yeah, man. A ride to the cheapest motel would work. Oh, and uh, a friend of mine, she just died. Donna Winston. Ya know when her funeral is?"

He nodded and answered,"Yeah, tomorrow. 'Bout three o'clock I think. She was a nice girl." I nodded mindlessly then buckled Abel in the backseat before hopping in the truck.

The Next Morning:

I watched as the Sons of Anarchy boys carried Donna's casket towards the grave and wiped my tears away with my semifree hand after shifting Abel's weight to my left hip. I stood about three rows down from where Donna was being buried and no one had seemed to spot me. Or if they had, they was really good at a poker face.

"Been a long time since I've seen your face around here." Hale stated as he stepped up beside me.

"That's because my face hasn't been around here for the last year." I replied, voice soft with pain. He grimanced at my reply then asked, "Who called you back?"

"Piney. He was desperate and now, I see why. They look horrible." I murmured, nodding towards Jax and Ope who stood side by side.  He nodded and said, "Jax hasn't been the same since you left him,Libby."

I chuckled bitterly as I walked a little closer to the funeral then declared, "Good. I was afraid that I was the only who changed after I left for Scotland."

"No wonder you sound different.  And your hair..." I brushed my hair away from my face and inspected the baby blue strands (Up top) then replied, "Simple. I needed a change."

"I guess that it explains it. So how long are you staying?" Hale asked, crossing his arms. I shrugged and answered, "About as long as I need to."

"Huh." he left me be and I inched even closer to the funeral then froze when Juice scanned the terrain and met my eyes. He walked away from the funeral and immediately, I turned on my heel and started walking as fast as I could manage while carrying a two month old baby boy on my hip.

"Hey!" he exclaimed, picking up his speed. I gulped and stopped walking. There was no point. Eventually he would find me and talk to me. He grabbed my shoulder and turned me around then gasped in surprise.

"Libby?" I waved casually and replied, "Hi, Juice."

ITS DONE,YALL!!!! ITS OVER. DONE AND OVER WITH. NO MORE. THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER MY DUDES. I LOVE YOU ALL. SO, THE SEQUEL WILL BE CALLED CROWS FLY, FLOWERS GROW. IT'LL BE UPDATED IN A COUPLE OF DAYS, SO STAY TUNED. UPDATE: THE FIRST CHAPTER OF THE SEQUEL IS OUT.