Chapter 16

Edited'
I walk up to my alarm clock going off the third time. Fine. I get up. Oh no Elena is going to kill me. I'm super late. I throw on some jeans, a long sleeve shirt, some converse and pull my hair up into a pony tail. I didn't get to shower so my hair is extra curly. I run downstairs and see a note on the table. I grab it.

Emma you were taking forever. Now you have to walk to school hope you make it in time. Sisterly love! ~Elena.

Wow. I grab my backpack and speed walk to school. Jenna and Jeremy left before me. They all suck. I must of ran or something because I get there with 10 minutes till the bell rings. I see Elena. "What the hell Elena?! I almost froze to death!" I say. She rolls her eyes. "Well you didn't." Elena says. "But I could of." I say. "But you didn't." Stefan says for Elena. "Hey Stefan." Elena says. "Has Damon talked to you about Isobel?" Elena asks. "Damon hasn't said a word to me everytime I try to talk to him, he shuts me down." Stefan says. "Do you think he's still trying to find Katherine?" Elena asks.

"Obviously he's obsessed." I say. "He did wait 145 years to only find out that Katherine could not care less. I mean that's gotta hurt right?" Stefan says. I chuckle. "And it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy." I joke. "You both have every reason to be upset with him. Have you thought about what your both going to do?" Stefan asks. "About what?" Elena starts. "Isobel our vampire birth mother, who's related to our vampire ancestor Katherine, who screwed over your vampire brother?" I ask. "Nah. We haven't thought about it at all." Elena and I say.

"I'm sorry I brought it up." Stefan says. "I'd be nice if we could get through one day without having to deal with any of it." Elena says. "No vampire mother. No vampire brother." I say. "No vampires at all?" Stefan asks. Oh yeah he's a vampire. "No vampires but you." Elena says. "I just want to get up back to normal stuff. Like school." Elena starts. I groan. "And homework." Elena says. I groan again. No! "And what about here's a thought. Fun!" Elena says. "Oh that sounds good to me." Stefan says. "Ditto when do we start" I say. Elena giggles.

Elena's giggle is so cute. I always tease her about it. "I'll see you guys later!" I say. I leave them to be them. I see Caroline and Matt talking in the middle of the hall. Matt looks over to Elena and Stefan. Who just shared a kiss. Matt seems like he's gotta go Caroline leans in for a kiss but Matt leaves her alone. I go up to her. "Hey buddy. Saw you all alone and I thought hey that loner girl could use a friend." I say. "Thanks Emma." Caroline says.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I get out of the class. Oh yeah oh yeah. I passed I passed. "Emma." I hear someone call my name. I turn around to see Caroline. "Hey what's up?" I ask. She walks with me. "You're coming on a double date with Me, Matt, Elena and Stefan." Caroline says. "Heck to the no." I say. "But why?" Caroline asks. "Two reasons. One, I'm single. Two, you and Matt together, Elena and Stefan together. I'd have to watch you all flirt together. All night." I say. "But Emma I need your help! Your my best friend and I need you tonight." Caroline says. "Nope." I say. "Please." She begs. "Fine. But you owe me. Big time!" I say. "Yay!" Caroline squeals.

"Do you even think it's a good idea?" I ask. I stop walking. "Why not?" She asks. Why yes? "Matt and Elena you think it's good to be having them together." I say. "That's why I want to do this. And you you're going to make sure that Elena doesn't say anything stupid." Caroline smiles. "I'm not her keeper." I say. "Fine but your coming right?" Caroline asks. "For you." I smile. She hugs me then leaves.
-----------------
I'm glad I'm finally home. I took a nice long hot shower and I ate food. My hair is let down and in long some short curls. I hear the doorbell ring and I run downstairs to get it. I open the door and its Stefan. "You brought me flowers!" I say leaning up against the door. "I think there for me." Elena says. I roll my eyes and get off of the door. Stefan comes in. "Well I figured it's a date why not do it right?" Stefan says. They give each other a little kiss. "Thanks." Elena says. "I would have driven too but your the one with the car." Stefan says.