As we lay dying

Edited I'm sitting on a swing

Edited
I'm sitting on a swing. This is my secret hideout. My feet dipped in the water. I found this place not so long ago. Dad helped me do the tree house and the swing. My hours are almost up and I can't be around Elena and Jeremy. I touch the necklace with the key that John gave me.

Its safe on my neck no one knows what it is. I feel a pain in my stomach and I groan and clutch the swings rope. Aunt Jenna's dead. I wipe a couple tears away and sniffle. "What do you want?" I ask the person on land. "I came here to apologize." he says. I turn around in the swing facing him. I smile and swing.

"Dad come play with me!" a girl says waiting for her dad to come over. "I'll be there right away Queen Emma." the dad says. They both chuckle.

"Love is something we wait for. We imagine our first kiss our first sex our first I love you. But we never imagine our first heartbreak." I pause. "Maybe because its to painful to imagine." I say dazing off into the sky swinging into the water. "Emma-" Damon starts. "When everyone told me that you were a monster and that I should give up on you, you know what I said. I said "I see the good in him and I believe that he's just broken." But I guess I was wrong. And now I'm dying." I say still looking out into the sky.

"Just feed." he says. "No. You took away my chance at living normal you are not going to take away my choice in dying." I say. I see Dad next to Damon.
"Emma sweetie were waiting for you." he smiles. "Don't worry I'll be with you both very soon!" I smile and look at Damon. "Just end it right now." he says. "I can't leave yet dad." I say. "You're making the right choice you know. You don't want to become a monster do you?" he asks.

"No I don't." I say and tears stream down my face. "Emma!" someone says and dad disappears. "Why did you do that?!" I ask angry. "You were just talking to no one." Damon says. "I was talking to my dad." I say and climb back to land. "Emma feeding you my blood was the worst thing I've ever done." Damon lies. "I bet it was." I say walking with no shoes on. "I know I don't deserve your forgiveness but I need it." Damon says. I stop and look at him. Something's not right. I'm about to say something stupid and rude but fuck it. I hug him. Tightly. He's startled at first but then he hugs back.
-----------
"You brought us to see a girl movie?" Jeremy and I ask. "You both needed to get out of the house. This is our three hour distraction." Elena says. "You know this is a terrible idea right. Since you know I basically wanna rip every single person here's throat open and drink there blood." I say weakly. "So basically we're pretending like our lives aren't screwed." Jeremy says.

We reach an area and Elena starts to lay out the blanket. "We need to do this breath, eat, sleep, wake up and do it all over again until one day it's just not as hard anymore." Elena says. "Yeah but I'll be dead in a few hours." I say and fall to the floor because my legs were jelly.

"Hey there you guys are!" I hear Caroline call out. "Who's hungry?" Caroline asks bringing some picnic baskets over. "Are we really doing this?" Jeremy asks. "Food." I mumble.