Chapter 28

Edited'
I watch Jeremy and Matt bring Jenna up the stairs from the porch seat since the night of the incident I haven't really talked to anyone. Not even Damon. I feel like I don't know somehow this is my fault. I've been avoiding everyone. Under no circumstances have I even dressed nicely. What am I wearing right now? Grey sweatpants, a hoodie, and my hair in a super messy bun, and some slippers. I know that Jenna is fine but it hurts.

I look up and see Jeremy taking a seat next to me. "Hey...." He says. I stare at the ground again. "I think I know something that can cheer you up." Jeremy says. I roll my eyes. Nothing's gonna cheer me up. Jeremy leans closer to me into my ear. "Don't tell Elena. But we're going to kill Katherine at the masquerade ball tonight." Jeremy whispers. I get up with my blanket. "Good luck with that." I say kinda cracked. And weak I think I'm losing my voice.

He looks stunned. I haven't spoke in a while. I head into the house for my room. "I'm going over to the boarding house right now. If you want a ride." Jeremy says. I stop in the middle of the staircase. I sigh and turn around. I'm about to yell at him to leave me alone, but I see his concerned worried eyes looking at mine. He just wants his sister back. I need to be there for him. I throw my blanket and head downstairs for the door. He opens the door for me and I smile. Once again that's like my fist smile in a couple days. We head to the boarding house. And I'll have to face Damon and everyone.
------------------
Yes I know I look like crap but I didn't feel like getting ready. At least I had some shoes in the car and I didn't come in slippers. We enter the house. Haven't been here in a while. I look at all the weapons in front of me. "And why do you have these?" Jeremy asks. "Vampire hunter remember?" Ric says. I continue to look at all the weapons. It's kinda awkward everyone staring at me. I haven't talked to them in a while either. "Hey Emma can I talk to you?" I hear. I pick up a stake. "Come on I know you don't care about the weapons." Damon says. I continue to look at them.

"Emma!" He yells and spins me around. I'm facing his lonely blue eyes, and he's facing my depressed brown eyes. "I've been worried about you! I tried calling you. Like 10000 times. I even called Elena." Damon says. Well I would've at least read his messages but I kinda broke my phone. As in I smashed it. But it was on accident, maybe. I roll my eyes and start to walk away. Can't everyone just leave me alone. Damon grabs my hand to stop me. "Are you acting like this because your drinking again?"

Everyone looks at me. "Listen I haven't drank that much since my parents died! I just- this is my fault. Just please leave me alone." I say and walk away. I look behind me to see Damon and Stefan looking at me. Great. I look up to see Bonnie. "What's going on?" She asks holding a book. The "witches cookbook." "We're going to kill Katherine." Jeremy says walking past her. She looks at Jeremy dumbfounded then looks at Stefan. "I can explain." Stefan replies. "Please." She says.

Stefan looks at her for a moment then shrugs a little. "We're going to kill Katherine." Stefan repeats. I chuckle in the inside. Stefan can be funny sometimes. Bonnie's face is priceless. I think they said that they were gonna stake her or whatever. I don't really care. Like do they honestly think they're going to kill a 500 year old vampire?
————-—-——-
"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you guys tonight?" Ric asks. "No. We need you to stay with Elena. She can not know about this." Stefan says. Have I mentioned that Stefan and Elena broke up yeah. Elena broke up with him because The whole Katherine and Jenna thing. I don't know. I just found out it was because they were sneaking around or whatever. "I'll make sure she doesn't leave my side." Ric assures. "Alright and if anyone wants to back out I'll understand."Stefan says.

They all look around. "Yeah cold feet speak now. I don't want this going wrong because someone chickens out." Damon says. "Caroline?" He looks over at her. "I won't. Look she killed me fair is fair. As long as there is no werewolves running around." Caroline says. "Oh I took care of Mason." Damon smirks. "As long as Tyler doesn't kill anybody he won't turn." Jeremy says. "What about you Emma?" Damon asks me. I look up from the ground into his eyes.