7| Lauren

"How the hell?" Skylar yelled out after me and Bam had won 3 rounds of the battle of the sexes game with out even trying. He basically was on mute throughout the whole game except for when he had to speak.

"I know right. They ass didn't even want to play, but they kicking everybody ass."

I cackled softly before looking at the time. It was late and I had to work in the morning. When glancing up, I saw Brandon looking at me.

"Ready?" he practically whispered.

I nodded and he stood from the other side of the couch. "Where y'all going?" Brooklyn asked us with a glowing smile on her face. "Y'all just can't beat us and then disappear like that."

"He's giving me a ride home."

"I thought I was taking you home," Skylar said.

"No, you're not," Travis told her as he snatched the wine glass from his sister's hand. "I need to get you home too. Ol' drunk ass."

"Need me to take her?" Brandon offered with his hands placed in his pockets.

"Nah, bro. I know you gotta work tomorrow too. Just take Laurie and I'll handle my sister."

"Well, that was fun. See you guys later," I said while strolling to the front door behind Brandon.

"Yes, for sure. Good seeing you Lauren!" One of our older friends from high school yelled out as I started to walk out.

"Likewise!"

Brandon closed the door behind me and we walked to the elevator to get to his car. Of course, he did not say a word to me.

"So, that's your loft?" I asked, breaking the dry silence between us.

"Yeah," he responded with a nod before a cracking a small smile. It caught me off-guard.

"It's a really nice spot. I bet you pay a hefty price for it and what you smiling about?" I asked curiously since he doesn't show emotions about too much of anything.

"You just won't stop with the questions, like you don't stop. It reminds me of a old friend of mine in that regard."

"Oh," I said. "Um, is that good or bad thing?" I wondered with my arms crossed and my brows arched.

"That's subjective..." he mumbled as the elevator door opened.

When we reached outside he pointed to where his car was. "I'm over here." I followed beside him to the vehicle and suprisingly he opened my door. I chuckled lowly because I don't remember the last time that any man had done that for me.

"And what were you laughing about?" He questioned me while hopping in the driver's side of his car. I wasn't expecting him to pay any attention to any of what I was doing.

"Nothing, just thinking about something."

"Oh, cause I know you wasn't laughing at my Doc McStuffins wristband. My niece told me it's trendy." He spoke in a serious tone, but I knew he was joking. When peeking down at his right wrist, I smiled a bit. I hadn't noticed it at all before.

"Hmm, she's right. The pink and purple brings out your eyes too."

"Funny," he replied with a simple head nod. "Okay, so where am I going?"

Once I told him my mom's address, the car ride was silent as I expected--aside from the low music playing the background.

"You and your niece close?" I tried to make conversation when he approached a stop light and he looked over at me with a look that made me regret asking.