30| Brandon

"Man, I can't believe you gone be out of here in what...a week?" Reed asked as I was packing up my desk.

Since Jared got reinstated they had him on desk duty until his probationary period was complete, but I was happy for him that he was back. They felt it would be best to keep him out of the public eye until everything blows over.

"Still got some things to handle here, so I'll be around until the end of the month. Frazier just wants me to clear out, so they can move your new dry ass partner right on in," I joked.

Reed chuckled. "I thought you always said we weren't partners?"

"You right," I nodded. "I counted you out before you even got in the game and that's my fault. You know you the homie."

"Wow! Brandon Wallace accepting me as a friend. Oh, how the times have changed." I let out a small laugh.

"I keep hearing that. Y'all folks be making it seem like I was terrible or some shit. I just be chillin' and mind my business."

"Straight BS, but I'm gone let you live though. I've been meaning to ask, how's BJ? I've been trying to get in contact and help pay for the medical bills, but his mom never answers the phone," Jared said.

"Wallace, my office. Now!"

Captain Frazier voice interrupted over conversation before I answer to Jared's question. I put my things down and made my way to his office.

"What's up, Cap't?" I inquired. "Everything cool," I said as I sat down across from his desk. He had a tense look on his face, but that was his usual expression so I couldn't read him.

"Brandon, seriously," he sighed with furrowed brows.

"What?" I shifted in my seat trying to get comfortable because I knew it had to be negative news.

"Your drug tests came back and you failed all three. You tested positive for Oxycodone, PCP and that's not even everything on the damn paper."

Frazier tossed files in my face and his anger was apparent. "I vouched for you so hard man that when the test came back, I had them re-do the test twice to make sure!"

I sighed deeply and wiped my hand down my face. I thought for sure that by the time I had took the test that it left my system. "I take it for my shoulder injury..."

"Man, stop lying! Your physical shows no damn references to your shoulder pains, you passed it with flying colors."

"Ok, so what's the problem? I do my job, so what's the issue?"

Frazier shook his head. "I don't know if your ass is high right now, but you're crazy if think the bureau want anything to do with someone who has a drug problem. You're a liability."

My jaw tightened. "This is bullshit. I handle myself and do the what the fuck I have to. Them meds are the only thing that keep me sane, so fuck them if they think I can't do my damn job!"

I got up from the seat and started to leave out. "Wallace, leave your gun and badge. You're on probation until further notice."

I gave him a look like he had lost his mind. "Seriously? Over some damn pills...Fuck that."

"If you walk out of my office with your gun and badge still in tow, I promise I will have you taken taken into custody for tonight."

I was livid at this point. Just when shit was going right for me some bullshit had to happen. I've had it up to here with fuck shit always following me.

I turned around and took my pistol from my waistband along with badge from around my neck. "Brandon, you're one of my best men. I'm gonna get you some help to get through this."

Save Meजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें