27| Lauren

After a long drive, me and Nas had finally got back to Los Angeles after a much needed Christmas trip getaway. Instead of coming back home with me, he decided to stay with one of his boys for the rest of the week.

I needed a break because it was entirely too much going on, but I couldn't leave my friends hanging. I drove to the hospital to see how BJ was doing.

Walking into the hospital, I was so focused on my phone hoping Sky would text me back to let me know what room BJ is in that I didn't even realize that two men were on the verge of fighting.

"Man, shut the fuck up! Maybe if you actually paid attention to what your child out here doing then he wouldn't be in that damn hospital bed!"

"Nigga, who the fuck are you talking too? Get out of your fucking feelings! Ol' bitter ass nigga. When you actually have a child then you can lecture me about my damn--"

I looked down the hall to see that Bam had Kyle hemmed up against the wall. Sky, Travis, and Tasha were pleading with him not to do anything crazy. I jogged down the hall near the chaos.

"Babe..." I sighed, walking closer to him. His eyes shifted to me when hearing my voice and his face softened. "Come cool off and take a walk with me."

He growled and forcefully tossed Kyle to the side before looking over at Sky.

"I'll be outside. Come get me if there's any updates," he spoke calmly and we proceeded to walk out of the hospital.

He was silent as we walked so I knew there was a lot on his mind at the moment. "What's going on in that head of yours?" I finally asked him while linking my arm with his.

He looked up at me and cracked a small smile. "I'm thinking that you came back earlier than I expected and I'm thinking you look gorgeous as hell right now."

I turned my head to hide my burning cheeks. "That's cute and all, but don't try to deflect, Brandon. Talk to meeee."

"You not just gone let me have a brooding moment are you?"

I furiously shook my head with a grin on my face. "Never that. You too fine to not be happy and smiling," I gassed him. He shook his head and bit down on his bottom lip while observing me quietly.

"Why you looking at me like that?"

Bam shrugged and lead us to a bench by a hospital entrance to sit down. "You drove back down to the city today?" He asked me.

I simply nodded. "Yep, but we not talking about me right now. We talking about you. You look like you haven't slept in days."

"I haven't," he said as he laid his head on my shoulder.

"What was that about between you and Ky?" I questioned him while playing with his fingers.

"That nigga think he father of the year, but in reality he not doing what he supposed to be doing. What kind of real man got a fly ass house in the burbs, but have his kid living in projects? It ain't like this nigga child support because Tasha ain't gone do that," he ranted. I could the tension in his body as he spoke.

"I talked to one of his friends and lil' dude tells me that BJ asked to live with Kyle on several occasions, but this nigga said that because he be on the road too much that he can't. To top shit off, BJ was stealing money to buy some damn groceries. Why the fuck should he be worried about that? He's 12, Laurie."

My heart dropped while listening to Bam vent because I could hear his sadness in his tone. "Hey, look at me."

He lifted his head and zoned in on my eyes intensely. "I know that you and Kyle have a beef, but at some point something's gotta give. Fighting every time there's an issue isn't the answer and you know that. Be the bigger person and make it about BJ, not y'all history..."

Bam nodded and put his arm around me before planting a soft kisses on my neck.

"Hey y'all! BJ just got out of surgery," Sky said approaching from behind the bench. Bam quickly got up and ran back inside.

I walked side by side with Sky back in the building. "Sooooo, y'all official?"

Looking over to Skylar, she had a smirk on her face waiting for me to answer. "Something like that..."

Sky smacked her teeth. "Girl, you got that man smiling and being less violent. Hell, he even talk more than usual. That's more than something boo, that's everything."

"Haaaa. You right, you right. That's my baby."

After staying at the hospital for a few hours with the gang, I decided that it was time for me to go home and rest up.

"I know you're not going to listen, but you should come home with me," I told Bam as he walked me to my car. "You could use some sleep...on an actual bed."

"You right," was all he said.

"Does that mean I should be expecting you at some point of the night?" I asked with my brows furrowed, hopeful. He leaned down to kiss my lips briefly.

"Count on it."

"Yay." I clapped like a child and he shook his head as he opened my car door for me.

"I love you lil mama. Drive safe and text me when you get in."

"Love you too, baby. And remember what I told you, okay?"

He laughed lowly. "I'll play nice..."

When I got off the elevator to my apartment floor, I was met with a unwanted guest. I sighed deeply and just continued to walked to my door.

"Lauren, baby."

I mentally rolled my eyes. "What do you want Christian? Why are you here?"

"Look, I come in peace. I even bought your favorite wine to squash our beef." I looked at my estranged husband in suspicion as I unlocked my door.

"Ok, cool. Beef squashed, now, go home."

Christian sucked his teeth. "Lauren, chill. I didn't come here to start drama or to fight with you. I'm just trying to make amends. Can I come in and talk, please? We have a lot of stuff to handle like divorce and the Nas custody stuff."

A bitter laugh escaped my lips. "Our lawyers do enough talking for us."

"I know that and that's why I want us to handle this ourselves. We used to able to talk out our problems. Let's handle this like adults."

I stood there hesitant about what to do because he's never this polite about anything.

"Ok, fine...30 minutes and then you gotta go."

Vote, comment, share & whatever else ;)

Sorry, I disappeared...I was securing the bag🤑

How will Lauren and Christian's talk go?

Will Kyle and Bam ever see eye to eye again?

Do we like Bam and Lauren's relationship? Will it last?🤔

{UPDATING AGAIN TONIGHT...I owe y'all}