22| Brandon

Casey in mm

I looked down at my watch and shook my head. Casey told me that she was ready and, yet, I'm sitting in my car waiting on her to come outside. We were supposed to be on the road to Sac town like 30 minutes ago.

I beeped my horn once again and she finally appeared out the door with a small suitcase. I got out of the car to help her to put the bag in my trunk.

"I know you were not beeping your horn at me?" she asked, already knowing the answer.

"And if I was?" I barked back with a smirk and gave placed the bag in the trunk. "You had me waiting forever, kid."

"I'm grown, thank you very much," Casey said as she walked to the front seat to get in.

"Grown and all. You're still my lil sis, Bubbles," I teased her as I started the car the back up. "Onto more important things like where is my niece?"

Casey reclined the seat back and I knew that she would be sleeping soon. She could never stay awake on any road trip. Leaving me in my thoughts really wasn't the best idea considering she begged me to make this trip to go see our mom who abandoned us all those years ago.

Apparently, Casey had been communicating with her for awhile now. I just haven't been trying to link up with her. She's attempted to contact me and I wasn't here for it.

I reached into my pocket and took out some Advil because those were the strongest things I had on me right now. I needed something to calm me down.

"Really, Brandon?"

I didn't notice that Casey was back up. I sighed and put them back in my pocket. "Go back to sleep, Bubbles..."

"Like I said, I'm grown. You ready to see mama after all this time?"

I simply shrugged it off and sat back a bit when I saw upcoming traffic ahead of us. "Bubbles, I'm doing because you wanted me too. Once I go in and drop you off, I'm out. I'll come back and get you if you need me too."

Casey rolled her eyes. "So essentially, you're just wasting gas."

"Nah, I told Lauren that I'll stop through Sacramento to check on her and Nas."

Casey didn't say anything, but I could see her crack a smile from my peripheral vision. "What you smiling at?"

"Oooh, that's why you was rushing me. You just trying to get to your lil' bae. You ain't slick, I see what you doing."

I shook my head and smacked my teeth. "We're friends and I just look out for her. Simple as that."

"So, you not attracted to her?" Casey shifted herself in the seat to face me directly. She was giving me her undivided attention.

"What's the exact address to the house?" I asked her, ignoring the question. I didn't feel like discussing Lauren or anything for that matter.

Casey sighed and pulled out her phone to find the address I suppose. "513 Stone Avenue...and don't act like you ain't hear me."

I punched the address in my GPS system once we finally got off on the exit. "It say that we should get there in about 5 minutes. Damn, that's close."

"Bam, why you always do that? It's okay to open up and have honest dialogue. We used to always have talks about any and everything, but it's like you so closed off."

I clinched my jaw and kept my eyes on the road even at the red light. "It's early as hell and I don't feel like talking. You damn breath is still hot as hell."