Prologue

Life was never the same for the Bat-Family when Joker sent that video to them

Life was never the same for the Bat-Family when Joker sent that video to them. Bruce went into a depression and took his anger out on the criminals, hitting harder than ever. Barbara and Dick grieved, but they're slowly healing. But everything was taken away from Sara White that night.

Her best friend.

Her partner.

Her pain in the ass.

Her crush.

Her boyfriend.

Jason Todd, the boy she fell in love with is dead.

Sara and the rest stared at the screen as they watched the video tape made from Joker. His voice taunting us. "Hey, I never asked. What's the big secret? Who is the big, bad bat? His name. Tell me!" Joker asked Jason Todd, all beaten and bloody. The letter J branded on his cheek to show that he belonged to Joker.

"Of course sir, It's-"

The Joker quickly cuts him off with a shot from his gun, Jason falls off the chair and hits the floor.

Sara couldn't stand listening to Joker as he rambled on, all she could think about was Jason, she couldn't believe that he was dead. Her one true love died at the hands of this mad man who had tortured him for over a year.

She broke down in tears as she screamed at the footage, Dick pulled her into a comforting hug and she sobbed on his chest listening to Joker's last words.

"After all, you've seen what happens when you drag your friends into this crazy little game of ours." He chuckled darkly before the camera shut off.

Jason Todd. The second boy wonder.. Their Robin...

Was dead.