Chapter III

Batgirl was on her way back to the clock tower when she heard the loudest explosion ever

Batgirl was on her way back to the clock tower when she heard the loudest explosion ever. She ducked and turned to the source to see it was the Ace Chemicals Plant. 'Bruce!' She thought and quickly went to contact him but it didn't get through. "Damn it!"

She then went to contact Alfred next. "Miss White thank heavens you're alright." He answered.

"Alfred, I saw the explosion at Ace Chemicals, is Bruce-"

"Master Bruce got out just in time, though we have a nasty situation on our hands." Alfred said. "What now?" Sara asked the butler.

"It seems that Miss Gordon was kidnapped by the Arkham Knight right out of the clock tower."

"What?! How is that possible, who is this guy?" Batgirl asked him loudly, Babs was taken, she should've been there to protect her.

"He seems to be the Militia's leader although we can't seem to identify him. And it seems he knows everything about the Batman. Miss White, please be careful, there's no telling if he knows about you as well." Alfred said before she was getting an incoming message from Bruce.

"Will do Al," Sara said before hanging up and accepting Bruce's call. His face flashed up. "Bruce, I saw the explosion-"

"Are you alright?" He asked, panic in his tone. She nodded, "Yes, I'm fine. Bruce I heard about Barbara. What are we going to do?" Batgirl asked her mentor.

"I just contacted the Commissioner to meet me at the clock tower, I want you to wait on the roof, I don't want you involved in this." Batman said before hanging up.

Sara shook her head, denying to believe how bad this night turned out. First Jason now Barbara. No, we'll get Barbara back, she'll be sure of it. Batgirl ran from the rooftops, making her way to the clock tower by gliding and grappling. Once Batgirl made it to the tower she saw Batman on the roof.

"I'm reckoning you told him?" Batgirl asked as he walked over to one of the edges, getting her own answer. "I'm taking it didn't go as smoothly. So what's the plan?" She asked. Batman pushed some buttons and the Batmobile pulled up from the clock tower's entrance.

"We're tracking the Arkham Knight's vehicle tread pattern from it's tires. He's the one that took Barbara." He said, Sara noticed that he wasn't completely focused, like something was bothering him.

"Bruce, are you alright?" She asked, his eyes were elsewhere. Sara turned to look at what his gaze was on but nothing interesting was around. "What are you looking at?" Sara asked again.

Batman just looked at her before getting on the ledge. "Nothing. Let's move." He said before jumping down to the Batmobile.

Sara sighed and followed, getting in the vehicle's back seat. "You couldn't think to ask Lucius to make this new Batmobile with two front seats? I hate being cooped up back here." Sara spoke as Bruce followed the tracks of the Arkham Knight's vehicle, not speaking, just like she expected. He's too focused on Barbara.