Chapter XIV

Since she was alone, Batgirl decided to check out more of Penguin's weapon caches and went to a location of a truck that Nighwing informed her

Since she was alone, Batgirl decided to check out more of Penguin's weapon caches and went to a location of a truck that Nighwing informed her. After tagging the vehicle and scaring them off, she followed them to another hide out in Founders' Island, The Grinning Fishmonger. There she found a sniper on the lookout and quickly snuck behind him and took him out and contacted Dick, her location. There she saw five armed thugs in a group along with two separate from them. Batgirl then went inside the chute that led to the floor crates and she got passed them and got out in a room next to them and a weak wall was behind the group of five she sprayed some explosive gel on it and got back in the crate and went near the two gunmen. She then detonated the gel, knocking out all five armed thugs and then double takedown the two remaining. "Piece of cake." Sara commented.

She saw another vent that led to the next room and quickly opened it and crawled through and it led to the vault room, grabbing her Disruptor she quickly took out all the gunmen and a weapons crate before jumping down there and knocking them out. Nightwing soon joined and the two fought together. As the men were knocked out, the two crime fighters teamed up to take down the brute, sharing hit after hit before he was knocked out. "I can imagine Penguin's not too happy with us right now. He can only have a couple of these weapons caches left." Dick commented as Sara destroyed the third cache as he looked for clues for the next target location.

Batgirl then left to roam around the city and saved a couple of firefighters as she waited for Nightwing. Sara began to suspect Firefly as the cause of these fires but something else was missing, she just needed more information. "Hey, Sara, I've found another truck by the canal on Bleake Island." Nightwing contacted her.

"Thanks Nightwing. On my way there now." Batgirl replied and headed straight for the truck.

After following the truck she made it to the fourth hideout, the Chinatown Sewers on Bleake Island. "Penguin's hiding his weapons inside Gotham's water filtration plant. Let's hit 'em hard, Nightwing." She told him. "Wouldn't have it any other way, Sara." He replied.

It took a while to find another route to the weapons cache vault, because the main way required the Batmobile, but Sara proved them wrong as she snuck right in. Batgirl positioned herself against the huge group of thugs and did a fear takedown, knocking out five guys quickly before just hopping around taking out the rest. Sara quickly noticed Dick wasn't here to help her with the thugs and frowned as she went to destroy the weapons cache. Once she did that the large tv screen on the side lit up to reveal Nightwing. "Good news. I found Penguin. He's right where we want him." He said but was soon punched in the jaw. Sara's hand curled into a fist as Penguin stepped in.

"Cocky little bastard." Cobblepot spat. "You've been takin' from me all night Batgirl. It's time I did a little takin' of my own." Penguin said as he yanked Nightwing, by the hair, to lift his face up.